Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: It's an ill wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It's an ill wind

yes john in oz we had all them treats in runcimans hains ...stephen suttons...... corys.....everards and BTC which was the BRITISH TANKER COMPANY BEFORE BP.... also silver service etc... the only thing we didnt have was a waft of perfume as wingers trotted by ......and the only mincing was done by a hurdy gurdy in the galley ....hurdy gurdy was a machine for mincing ....not the name of some trollop who could only be described as a mincer lol.....regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't buy French wines, usually crap. Prefer South African or an of the new world wines.
    Amazes that a lot of the wines has Frenchman behind them turning out excellent wines, yet Froggies turn out rubbish.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I Never Ever buy any french product. not even if it was for Free.

when buying wines, [ I have over 64 bottles at the moment., ] I almost always buy, OZ, NZ. S.African and Chile.

Brian

Lewis McColl Guest

Bit of a daft statement Vic sorry, if you don't buy French wines how would you know if they are crap? Like all wine producing countries they produce good and bad wines.

Lewis McColl Guest

Well if you do not buy anything French you are losing out. But I bet you have bought French goods. I bet at sometime you will have had Michelin tyres on a car that you have owned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The new tyres on my 16 year old KIA car are South Korean, the first ones I have bought since new in 2005. four fitted for £200. Apart from annual services never spent a penny on it, never let me down
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th February 2021 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#29 What about the French knickers you bought for that sex maniac out of the Rex Brian , or did you get them second hand from South Shields market. ? Hope it wasn’t Cappys stall . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th February 2021 at 01:25 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well the quality of all ladies french nickers on my stall although some were third or fourth hand ,,,,,were very good... but i was amazed when you bought 16 pairs of size 21s with reinforced crutch.... when gwen was a very slim lady lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#28 My Michelin Cross Climates have 'Made in Italy' stamped on them. Not much is what it seems these days. Land Rovers fitted with Fiat diesels have been made in Italy for Yonks, Honda's are made in Swindon, Datsuns are on the Tyne, BMW owns RR, but has the sense to produce in the UK using the artisans, Vauxhalls are part of French PSA group, Range Rover is owned by Indians, the list is endless, nearly everything is international, even our HP sauce is made in Holland. But we do have lots of Techo Parks, even down in sleepy Devon exporting 'know-how' worldwide.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    #28 My Michelin Cross Climates have 'Made in Italy' stamped on them. Not much is what it seems these days. Land Rovers fitted with Fiat diesels have been made in Italy for Yonks, Honda's are made in Swindon, Datsuns are on the Tyne, BMW owns RR, but has the sense to produce in the UK using the artisans, Vauxhalls are part of French PSA group, Range Rover is owned by Indians, the list is endless, nearly everything is international, even our HP sauce is made in Holland. But we do have lots of Techo Parks, even down in sleepy Devon exporting 'know-how' worldwide.
    my car before the last one had 4 Michelins, only one made in France. Huge Hankook (tyres) just outside Budapest. VW Jettas made in Mexico, some others in Brazil and SA (ONES WITH POOREST RELIABILITY RECORD). I bought a new Merc C class in 01 and only found out after delivery it was made in SA, so many faults in 3 years have never bought another.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast