Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lockdown?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lockdown?

Like you Des I cannot believe the whinging of some in the UK. I'm almost embarrassed for them but they make me cross. I hear it mainly on TV, media etc [only take a Sunday paper now] who drag all sorts to be interviewed. Yes some have indeed have lost friends and family and that of course is sad, but so is any death of a loved one. On the news this evening a woman was blaming the government because her father had died!...It's a pandemic folk! Stay in quit moaning and follow the rules whether you agree with them or not and instead of complaining see what you can do for the older and infirm neighbours nearby.. A wave and a natter at distance will brighten someones day outside.

I have no complaints have lots to occupy myself. Hubby walks the dog three times a day, cooks, reads and watches TV. He loathes being 'trapped' indoors so I thought it might be harder for him, you just have to adjust your mindset and get on with it. We miss two things most, seeing and cuddling three of our grandchildren but at least we can skype in the evening for bedtime stories, that and going for a drive. We even managed two breaks last year when in tier 3 in Scotland. Our bubble includes our two daughters one son in law and our two other grandchildren.

Personally think the worst group are the some of hippy type baby bloomers, almost all in the media at stirring and the pampered under 40's who think only their lives matter. Rant over.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 9th January 2021 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In London according to the news one in 30 have the Virus.

We had 16 weeks lock down, only 5 kilometers from home, one hour a day for shopping, one for exercises.
    We survived and whilst speaking with the microwave about it all he told me to speak with the iron who he said would straighten me out about it all.

Have a Niece in London, senior radiographer in St. Thomas ,her husband head of MRI in the Middlesex in London.
    She tells me many of the deaths are not all Virus related but it is easier for the hospital when reporting to put them all in one basket, many she tells me are more likely winter Flu similar symptoms for some.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Like you Des I cannot believe the whinging of some in the UK.
    Personally think the worst group are the some of hippy type baby bloomers, almost all in the media at stirring and the pampered under 40's who think only their lives matter. Rant over.
    hi marian
    i agree whole heartily,
    heard this morning though, that the problem in scotland is going to come back and bite the snp, it seems that george galloway is biting at the bit and wants to resume his political career in scotland, and has launched a political attack on the snp for the lack of covid response, and then trying to blame boris johnson and the uk for not managing it properly,
    another big problem which you must know about is that the poisoned dwarf is about to be hit by a certain mr salmon,
    so not all bad news.
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 12th January 2021 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes salmond accuses we burney of porkies so it seems .....something fishy going on perhaps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Yes salmond accuses we burney of porkies so it seems .....something fishy going on perhaps
    hi cappy
    as you stated there is definitely something fishy going on,
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Marian,
    I agree with what you say. When we had a bad outbreak back in early 2020 a young couple who had just moved into our street put a flyer into our mail box offering to help with shopping etc. for us. So sweet as we didn't know them at all.
    What a laugh when I told my son recently about this saying " they thought we were elderly" to which he replied " hate to tell you mum but you are"!! What? Who told you that! It's all lies said I. We all fell about laughing.
    Haven't been able to see our small grandchildren for over 15mths now as they are in Melbourne. My son tells me to wait as there are still outbreaks from time to time with borders closing etc. Wouldn't want to go there and be forced into quarantine on our return as our state govt. are pretty fast to react to threats of that nature.
    Patience is the key. We are lucky that we haven't had any new cases here for ages despite all those tourists entering from the mainland states.
    Our younger son came(from Melb.) just before Christmas and said he was impressed with how the border people are coping. He actually had a covid test after arriving as he felt off but it was negative ( after 24hrs)...no waiting straight in and done he said.
    Fortunately we are in summer here right now so lovely working in the garden etc.
    This will end a some point, keep your sense of humour and all will be well. Cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Victoria.
    We had to have a bit of luck after the fires last year, mind you John over there in Western Aus is getting a bit of flack from the fires, hope they get those under control soon. If only we more water bombing aircraft, but the Messiah in Canberra said no God will provide the rain.
    Des,
    Keep Safe
    Lest We Forget

9. Thanks Marian Gray, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Was that lunch of burned sausages followed by the fish course???
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3