Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sceptical

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sceptical

Methinks China thinks it holds a running flush , it holds the reins when it comes to trade as too many have become dependant on them. Even the media is either too scared to make their usual stories up or have been told to keep their gobs shut. China does as China does regardless of consequences and this scares the living daylights out of some as they have no solution to such. You can’t stop people thinking what they want but you can stop them shouting it to the world through fear of the consequences . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Comment made by B. Brown ex Greens leader.

'There are too many on this planet, maybe that is why the Virus is in some ways good'.

Yes well off you go and get a dose of it.

It is coming up to the 'Climate Change' season here in Oz, students on the march during Uni recess.

But if you look deep enough into it you will find that there is a constant changing climate across the globe that has always been there.

If those who run this show were honest and just said we want to reduce emissions then maybe more would take note.

Figures out yesterday, an all electric car must do some 85,000 miles before it becomes emissions nuteral.
    There is a lot of copper in them batteries which also have a limited life span.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Instead of calling it climate change and giving people palpitations why not just call it what it really is and the method of trying to alleviate certain areas of the world . Used to be known as the clean air act which was enforced by various country’s to alleviate smog and other health problems. Instead of making mountains out of molehills. If those clean air acts are not working to their original capacity then increase the fines attached for non compliance to certain areas . I don’t think all the best minds in the world are going to change another ice age ,if they think they can , then the jokes on them. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Methinks China thinks it holds a running flush , it holds the reins when it comes to trade as too many have become dependant on them.
    As the Australian iron ore industry has found out, currently (reported) 50 large ore carriers loaded with OZ ore are being refused entry into China because of some perceived slight made by an OZ politician, who refuses to apologise, or the Govt won't let him. China says it can get all the ore it needs from Brazil, so Brazil will be walking on eggshells. Having worked in China, negotiated contracts with China, signed numerous documents with hundreds of clauses with arbitration in London, all worthless as China will ignore all clauses and do what they want, and if you want to get out of China you will toe their line, no matter what the contract says. As they said to me ' we are one billion people, what are you or your country going to do' They don't give a rat's ass about International law or obligations unless it suits their purposes and that ain't going to change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JSW #7

War, pestilence, and famine, just like the good old days.

Cheers, Rodney

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JSW.

Your view of China John, sounds like my view of Iran. I opened a division for the US company I worked for in Iran and lived there for three frustrating years. Contracts I had with the Imperial Iranian Navy took weeks to negotiate and settle and were broken or ignored, in Iran's favor, before the ink was dry.

Frustrating, but worth it to me financially in the long run

Cheers, Rodney.

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I said in a not so recent post Rodney I spent some time in Iran trying to get out during the era of the Shah being deposed. And if not for the agent with me at Teheran airport would probably still be in an Iranian gaol. The Chinese people the same as the Iranian people are ok at grass roots level.It is their political way of life that is discerning to the western beurocrats who time and again show their ignorance of other countries which they are supposed to be knowledgeable about. The present skirmish with the propoganda about the sas trooper holding a knife to some kids throat is just propoganda ,and similar can be seen about other scenes and subjects world wide put up by sick minded people anyone who wants to take it as true the same as many more , must have a sick mind to even contemplate. There are all sorts on the internet. Propoganda abounds on all sides. I would forget about it ,the problem why. Such exists is the amount of drivel put out by the western media where the root cause of many disputes is amplified to the gullible in our communities. As regards the so called Trade Wars let the business people on all sides handle it , they have in the past and will do so in the future. Profit and loss will decide in the end. JS
    R575129

11. Thanks happy daze john in oz, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18 PS to.... I don’t suppose it helped much at any the time that I was working for a Jewish Company albeit a British one. JS
    R575129

13. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brazil may well do good selling Iron ore to China from an Oz owned company there.
    But shipping costs will be much higher.

We have all at times been told awful things will happen if we do not change, back in the early 70's we were told a major ice age was coming, still waiting.

Some hot weather of later here in Oz, but nothing new it has all happened before in similar months.
    We experience more than some countries the effects of El Nino and La Nina, I rarely hear about extreme heat from other countries, though no doubt it happens, but here in Oz if it goes up by one degree the dooms dayers are at it again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Terry Sullivan liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    JSW #7

War, pestilence, and famine, just like the good old days.

Cheers, Rodney

Bit traditional but, better than the Nazi etc way's.

K.

17. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast