Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A sad sight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A sad sight

Ivan ref your last paragraph , as long as they play fair and as the ship slowly sinks beneath the briny, the shout is Old People and women first. To heck with fighting off these young hooligans with my white stick. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just as an update COSTA are already operating cruises in the Medi and Atlantic Islands, since early September. AIDA will resume cruising from German ports this week covering the same areas as COSTA. CARNIVAL hope to resume cruising from the USA on the 1st November 2020 covering the Caribbean. P & O have scheduled their new 185,000 tonne vessel to start operations in February 2021

3. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Until Coronavirus is wiped out, people will stop investing money (which cruise line companies depend on for survival). On top of this, if paying passengers keep dwindling such companies will end up going bankrupt.

Fouro.

5. Likes Red Lead Ted, Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Carnival have reported that their bookings for 2021 cruises within the group have already reached 90% of pre-virus levels and 60% of those have never cruised before. Where's there is life, there is hope. Why paint doom and gloom and hope you are proved right rather than paint hope for mankind and the future, we have survived pandemics before and life will no doubt change. Glad I'm an optimist

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Carnival have reported that their bookings for 2021 cruises within the group have already reached 90% of pre-virus levels and 60% of those have never cruised before. Where's there is life, there is hope. Why paint doom and gloom and hope you are proved right rather than paint hope for mankind and the future, we have survived pandemics before and life will no doubt change. Glad I'm an optimist
    Ivan, Get your hard earned into toilet rolls like me mate, You will clean up it cant fail Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Just as an update COSTA are already operating cruises in the Medi and Atlantic Islands, since early September. AIDA will resume cruising from German ports this week covering the same areas as COSTA. CARNIVAL hope to resume cruising from the USA on the 1st November 2020 covering the Caribbean. P & O have scheduled their new 185,000 tonne vessel to start operations in February 2021
    Maybe the Americans will have been issued with Trump magic miracle serum by then

10. Likes Red Lead Ted, Doc Vernon, N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fouro View Post
    Until Coronavirus is wiped out, people will stop investing money (which cruise line companies depend on for survival). On top of this, if paying passengers keep dwindling such companies will end up going bankrupt.

Fouro.

They have to get it very much right, the element of trust will be totally destroyed if there
    was to be just one more out break.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doom and gloom again from so many.
    I went to book for NZ next year over Christmas/New Year, the ship is already 75% booked and the offers only came out last week.
    I receive numerous comments from a number of companies all looking for my business, some of the offers make it a sure bet they will get more than enough to sail with them.

Like al shipping companies they know how to get the best out of their ships.

As to ports, the countries to which they sail will bend over backwards to get ships in. They bring in billions to local economies.
    Last year we had 116 in Melbourne, brought in so much for the local economy.
    Not just from the passengers but for the companies that supply the ships, fresh meat and veg, grog, and much more.
    All helps the local economy.

So port authorities will ensure that any ship can get in to their port, remember that even some of the biggest have a very shallow draught, mostly at about 25 feet.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Doc Vernon, Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good Luck and Happy Cruising when it happens John!
    Have you looked at the latest World Virus Figures at all?
    Although there may be good Bookings at present, does not mean that the Trips will go ahead ?
    I hope for your sake and others that things will get better,but as i see it for now and possibly long term still its very dodgy!
    Not Gloom just as said realistic!

We do need the Avenues to open again that i know/

I am sure you saw that Flight Qantas put on for some 250 passengers last Week , at some $2500 each for a Round trip across Australia i think it was about 7 Hours ?? , so people are craving travel , but for now there will be no Travel out of Australia, so where do all those that Booked stand??

Oh well we will just have to wait and see. Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the five cruise ships currently being broken up are monarch and sovereign ( both x of the seas ) pullmantur cruise line - and then carnival fantasy inspiration and imagination all docked within weeks of each other and all side by side - making this a very unusual and unique periodmonarch - sovereign fantasy imagination and inspiration (1).jpgmonarch - sovereign fantasy imagination and inspiration (2).jpgmonarch - sovereign fantasy imagination and inspiration (3).jpgmonarch - sovereign fantasy imagination and inspiration (4).jpg

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast