Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump, Your take on him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Donald Trump, Your take on him.

KANYE West’s bid for the White House is a plot to steal votes from Joe Biden so Donald Trump is re-elected, it’s claimed.
    Rapper West, who is married to reality star Kim Kardashian , announced to his 29.4million Twitter followers that he was "running for president of the United States" come the November election. With the following on social media this guy has especially amongst black citizens to whom he is a god, Joe Biden stands very little chance of ever getting the keys to the White House.
    KANYE West’s bid for the White House is a plot to steal votes from Joe Biden so Donald Trump is re-elected, it’s claimed
    In a 2018 meeting with Trump at the White House, Kanye said: "I love this guy right here."
    But with just four months until polling day on November 3, he surprised fans over the weekend when he announced he was running against the president and Biden.
    Kanye tweeted: "We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future.
    "I am running for president of the United States."
    Kim, 39, is standing by her husband's decision and billionaire pal Elon Musk, 49,
    Trump voters are TRUMP voters. His base remains unchanged.
    Dirty Politics' Its not a first and it works. Not bad for a young man who After graduating from high school, West received a scholarship to attend Chicago's American Academy of Art in 1997 and began taking painting classes, but shortly after transferred to Chicago State University to study English. He soon realized that his busy class schedule was detrimental to his musical work, and at 20 he dropped out of college to pursue his musical dreams This action greatly displeased his mother, who was also a professor at the university. She later commented, "It was drummed into my head that college is the ticket to a good life... but some career goals don't require college. For Kanye to make an album called College Dropout it was more about having the guts to embrace who you are, rather than following the path society has carved out for you. Democratic certainly not. Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 6th July 2020 at 02:05 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Donald Trump, Your take on him.

Victoria, they were one of the most loved couple ever to occupy the White House.

In my opinion Biden would not be that good, agreed Trump does say some odd things but maybe that is why he is popular with many.
    The further south you go the odder they get, to the extent that some in Georgia and a few others still see nothing wrong with having slaves, so I am informed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Red Lead Ted, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like Trump as he is Not a Politician. all Politicians are evil.
    Only Politicians cause wars, Ordinary people do not , they just have to suffer them while the Politician hides with his family, not yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump is what he is, whatever that is! but we are stuck with him on the world stage until the American people decide otherwise, and only they and their system can change that but at least they have a choice to do so, unlike some other power hungry countries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan, Do you not think this dirty politics has sealed it for Trump, Biden cant possibly win with this move from Kanya West, The guy is the king pin amongst the black community and they will vote for him in there droves, Just not cricket in my opinion Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno #3

Back before President Kennedy was elected the South was solidly Democratic, they saw the Republicans as responsible for there "aggressive behavior" over their rights to human property in the "Northern War of Agression," (Whew!) However, when President Johnson
    signed the Civil Rights act of 1968. They (the whites,) deserted the Democrats for the Republicans.

Since the eighties though, the word got out across the Northern States, that land, houses, winter weather and life in general in the South was more laid back and easy going, and there was more to the South than Florida. They came in droves. I was one of the early birds. I could sell my home in Weston, Connecticut You can google Weston Ct.), four bedrooms, huge rec. room, Jaccusi built in on the porch for winter use. fairly easy commute to Manhattan, just under 3 acre, desirable location sold it for a packet and bought a house on the water in a gated community for 20% of what I was paid up North.

I tell you this, because this was the news newcomers were bragging about in letters to friends, and the friends followed in droves.

The Northerners were in the main Democrats or lean a bit to the left and could swing either way (Independents, like me).

In addition, the Blacks, those who voted, were/are 95% Democrats. The Blacks have found out that their vote added to the new Southerners can make a difference, plus the younger white Southerners do not hold allegiances to either party. Put all this together and you can see why the South has changed and is still changing. Particularly in the larger metropolitan areas.

About ten years ago I took me bruvver to Columbia, our capital city. And outside the City Hall in the grounds area number of statues mostly former governors and such, but front and center is monument to the Southern dead of the 'Civil War', on top of which is a Confederate soldier. My bruvver wanted his picture taken in front of it, so I'm lining him up, posing him and some White guy, stopped at a red light across the street, yells out "You aught to be ashamed of yourselves!"

That was ten years ago. I never gave a thought about it before he yelled and had seen the statue hundreds of times. Me bruvver reminded me about it when he called last week.

I tell you Johnno, the South has changed and continues to change. We ain't all 'Red-necks Y'hear?' and Atlanta, Georgia is one of the fastest growing areas, and a lovely modern city, with a black mayor. Like in South Carolina the smaller towns may be being pulled crying and screaming into this century, but it's move with the times or be swallowed by them. The youngsters will see to it, "join us or weep".

Cheers Rodders.

Moderator: doubled up I guess when editing, please delete this one, thanks Rodney.
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 7th July 2020 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry whether you or I think it is dirty politics or not is quite immaterial, we are not Americans, so cannot vote, only the Americans, dirty politics or not, can decide and to think that they do not know what is going on would be insulting their intelligence and we don't have a moratorium on intelligence. The world is stuck with him whether we like it or not, or however many discussions or observations we have on him until the American people decide otherwise.

That's all from me as no sense in going round in circles Rgds

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno #3

Back before President Kennedy was elected the South was solidly Democratic, they saw the Republicans as responsible for there "aggressive behavior" over their rights to human property in the "Northern War of Agression," (Whew!) However, when President Johnson
    signed the Civil Rights act of 1968. They (the whites,) deserted the Democrats for the Republicans.

Since the eighties though, the word got out across the Northern States, that land, houses, winter weather and life in general in the South was more laid back and easy going, and there was more to the South than Florida. They came in droves. I was one of the early birds. I could sell my home in Weston, Connecticut You can google Weston Ct.), four bedrooms, huge rec. room, Jaccusi built in on the porch for winter use. fairly easy commute to Manhattan, just under 3 acre, desirable location sold it for a packet and bought a house on the water in a gated community for 20% of what I was paid up North.

I tell you this, because this was the news newcomers were bragging about in letters to friends, and the friends followed in droves.

The Northerners were in the main Democrats or lean a bit to the left and could swing either way (Independents, like me).

In addition, the Blacks, those who voted, were/are 95% Democrats. The Blacks have found out that their vote added to the new Southerners can make a difference, plus the younger white Southerners do not hold allegiances to either party. Put all this together and you can see why the South has changed and is still changing. Particularly in the larger metropolitan areas.

About ten years ago I took me bruvver to Columbia, our capital city. And outside the City Hall in the grounds area number of statues mostly former governors and such, but front and center is a monument to the Southern dead of the 'Civil War', on top of which is a Confederate soldier. My bruvver wanted his picture taken in front of it, so I'm lining him up, posing him and some White guy, stopped at a red light across the street, yells out "You aught to be ashamed of yourselves!"

That was ten years ago. I never gave a thought about it before he yelled and had seen the statue hundreds of times. Me bruvver reminded me about it when he called last week.

I tell you Johnno, the South has changed and continues to change. We ain't all 'Red-necks Y'hear?' and Atlanta, Georgia is one of the fastest growing areas, and a lovely modern city, with a black mayor. Like in South Carolina the smaller towns may be being pulled crying and screaming into this century, but it's move with the times or be swallowed by them. The youngsters will see to it, join us or weep.

Cheers Rodders.
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 7th July 2020 at 04:48 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

When he took office all said give him a chance,
    the question now is how many chances?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have always said he is a plant, by whom and what for I don't know. He comes across as a buffoon. But one, he hasn't been assassinated; and two, he hasn't started any wars, Yet. He sacks people at will, people who any other President would be worried about stabbing him in the back, but he doesn't seem to care how powerful they are, if they disagree with him they are gone, maybe he is playing his TV game.
    He doesn't seem to care how many Americans die from this virus, maybe he thinks they are mostly Democrats; so less to vote for Biden, maybe he doesn't think that Black Lives matter as the majority are blacks and Hispanics that are dying. I have been interested in politics since I was a boy but he is one that I can't read.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast