Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong offer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hong Kong offer

This should be interesting, one wonders where we will house all these people, our little Island is sinking slowly under all the weight, kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53246899
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hong Kong offer

Better get to like Chinese food, all those empty shops will become Chinese Take-Aways', all will be offered 'start up' grants, all will be given Business Rates holidays of 6 - 12 months as well as social housing and benefits for their elderly relatives who no doubt will accompany them. Welcome to our world, anyone born here' or paid taxes for decades please go to the back of the queue

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing is lads the Chinese have implemented the changes, How and who is going to get them reversed, They seem to fear know one or choose to ignore the U.K. Indeed N.A.T.O. What else can we do. And as Ivan quite rightly says as far as the U.K. Goes there is no room in the inn Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry I agree with what you say, China has become a very dangerous nation because they are being allowed to dominate the world markets, to
    their credit they have built China's industrial areas up to the extent that they can supply the goods when and where needed, trouble is they
    have also poured an untold amount of money into their military while the world looked on and and paid for it all by buying China's products.
    China has shown very recently their disregard for other countries also they are not seen as trustworthy by many, personally I believe that
    if countries got together and stopped buying their goods China would have to fall into line and stop trying to dominate the world, history is
    a lesson to be heeded, cheers
    Last edited by John F Collier; 1st July 2020 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree totally John, Everyone has took there eye of the ball and China has become the dominant race in the world, Sanctions may work but it would have to be a world wide exercise to bring them into line, Or would it have the reverse effect and push China into really letting loose on the rest of us, As you say they have some military clout alright, And know one wants to mix it with them. Or should i say have the capability to do so. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did think along those lines terry, that they would feel compelled to retaliate with force or even germ warfare as they are definitely into that sort of stuff
    nobody in their right mind wants to see another world war, Germany, Japan and the combined Axis forces were also powerful and was defeated at
    terrible cost that nobody should ever want to see again, this time there would be no winners because the result would devastate the world.I've often
    thought, that if WW1 & WWII had not happened it's very likely the UK would mostly still be populated by the indigenous people as our relatives who perished
    would have raised families so on and so forth, there would have been some other cultures here but nothing like we have today, dread to think what the world population would be now though, all the best
    Last edited by John F Collier; 1st July 2020 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry, they have been infiltrating the world for years, how many places have you been where there was no Chinese restaurant?
    The thought struck me many years ago (73) when I went ashore in Golfito in Costa Rica. Nothing there except one bar, with bat wing doors, hitching rail and - a Chinese restaurant, at that time there was only one Chinese restaurant in So. Shields.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony he must have seen the business opportunity and jumped ship. Rgds Den

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Tony, They are every where i agree and its not just restaurants there into every thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Working on BT in the 80s, I had been out on a cable breakdown since 4:00 am alongside of the A127 arterial, no shops for miles
    I'd had nothing to eat since supper the night before, we wrapped up the job at about 10:00 pm and driving home I spotted a chippy
    I parked up and walked back and was surprised to see it was a Chinese fish shop, I was famished all I wanted was something to eat
    so ate it there and then sitting in the van and to be honest it was as good as any other I've had, but normally I'd have driven straight
    past, so if you don't try, you don't know, cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast