Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Australian Newspapers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Australian Newspapers

If I remember rightly the last time I was at the dentist I asked him what DB stood for and think he said were the initials of the owner which I immediately forgot. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have no problem with my teeth these days, I just leave them at reception and say I'll call back later. Rgds Den

Keith at Tregenna Guest

When a new dentist set up in a our town he quickly acquired a reputation of being the latest kind of "Painless" dentist. But I quickly disputed this. "He's a fake ! " I told my mates. "He's not painless at all. When he stuck his finger in my mouth I bit him - and he yelled like anyone else."

A dinner speaker was in such a hurry to get to the hotel that when he arrived and sat down at the head table, he suddenly realized that he had forgotten to get his false teeth. Turning to the man next to him he said, "I forgot my teeth." The man said, "No problem." With that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of false teeth.
    "Try these," he said. The speaker tried them. "Too loose," he said. The man then said, "I have another pair...try these." The speaker tried them and responded, "Too tight." The man was not taken back at all. He then said, "I have one more pair...try them." The speaker said, "They fit perfectly." With that he ate his meal and gave his address.
    After the dinner meeting was over, the speaker went over to thank the man who had helped him. "I want to thank you for coming to my aid. Where is your office? I've been looking for a good dentist." The man replied, "I'm not a dentist. I'm the local undertaker."

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 9th June 2020 at 03:09 AM.

4. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still have most of my teeth, they are in a small box and some still in my mouth.

I made a promise to my mum that I would always look after them, so all the ones removed, for what ever reason, I kept.
    Keep sakes maybe!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Bill Morrison thanked for this post
    Likes Dennis McGuckin, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2