Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: International Express March 11th. 2020.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default International Express March 11th. 2020.

Responding to the Coronavirus crisis, professional battleaxe Christine Hamilton advises “ All this fuss about hand sanitisers - its only overpriced alcohol , get a cheap bottle of Vodka instead- it might come in useful for other things”. Chin Chin.
    JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: International Express March 11th. 2020.

It appears that a few of our pollies have tested positive for this virus, no doubt others may do also, I can’t see any of them crying over it. Of course they are younger and will probably pull through ok. There is no way one can dodge the issue apparently so panicking is not the answer. The ones who apparently carry the biggest chance of succumbing are the elderly. Recently the parliament in WA voted for those with life threatening diseases to choose to end their lives voluntary , and not be breaking the law. So the fear of death to us older generation does not mean too much apparently . However I would wish to make that decision myself. We live our lives as we see it, and should not be afraid of dying and by the same token not frightened of living them either. Most of those on cruises are elderly and what better way of quarantine can they get but on a ship and the best of luck to them
    , those who choose to carry on with their lives as they see it. We can all remember the panic that AIDS caused, it is still there but has run its course of panic driven people , the same as other diseases , Cheers JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th March 2020 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Without getting facetious, God! I'm starting to use big words now, I can see people getting a mild form of flue and throwing their hands up to their brows and saying, God, I'm dying, a bit like Billy Connolly on stage. Down here in Little Cooma we have once again the Duntroon College's future army officers on maneuver's, they walk around the streets, strung out, guns ready, Christ know what many of the elderly who never leave their homes think , Jesus save me! they are keeping us prisoner until we get that virus, then they're going to shoot us all, it's all good fun for us younger people.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI John.
    This may seem a bit factious< Oh God! I'm starting to use big words now. But I can see people getting a mild dose of the flue and throwing their hands up to their head and say, "I have it." "I'm dying!" a bit like Billy Connolly on stage. But down here in Cooma we have another danger, Duntroon Collage are conducting maneuvers, strolling the streets armed to the teeth, all the oldies who never leave their houses will be peering out from behind their curtains , and a quivering, after watching the TV they will think anyone who has the virus is going to be shot.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Start up a Dads Army Des, that should scare the pants off them. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe the virus is just nature at work, to take the secateurs and prune us old farts, we already get the blame for most things, hospital bed shortage, delays at hospitals etc etc, trim the population down as it were. The problem is most of us are from the war years where life was tough, so it has to be a good virus to sort most of us sinewy old sods out, kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

UK Government’s Coronavirus outbreak plan - Yes Minister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsT...cQrRP8LCA2Xp98

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5 Now that would be gruesome!
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Western Australian media are now reporting that Woolworths has told customers they will not be receiving unwanted and bundles of toilet rolls for reimbursement. Too right as well their panic buying has just proved what a shower some people really are. A similar type was during the last war when looting of bombed buildings was carried out by the few. The penalty then was being shot on the spot. Bring back some decent laws to protect the innocent. JS

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Maybe the virus is just nature at work, to take the secateurs and prune us old farts, we already get the blame for most things, hospital bed shortage, delays at hospitals etc etc, trim the population down as it were. The problem is most of us are from the war years where life was tough, so it has to be a good virus to sort most of us sinewy old sods out, kt

DON'T PANIC.

Hopefully no in the Government are thinking this way.

But, added as an example hopefully, only.

If 10000 elderly die, the UK government will save £800m in pension payouts over the next decade. That's excluding medical care, social housing and welfare costs. Then there are the medically weak who could have 30+ years of welfare, medical and eventually pensions. The government could stand to save billions by letting the virus spread.

They and their families will of course have the best available private health care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast