Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Dust Storm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Some Dust Storm

Lady & Gentlemen - this Thread has gone Off Topic and rather than delete the posts as I would normally do, the Off Topic subject is currently in the news, so I have created a New Thread entitled Coronavirus for you and transferred your posts there so you may continue your discussions there.

May I ask once again " Please do not go OFF TOPIC " it spoils otherwise excellent Threads. It is especially annoying when you announce you are going off topic, apologise and then do it, knowing quite well It's against Site Rules. The Thread Topic is ' Some Dust Storm ' so please stick to it as any further Off Topic posts will be deleted. Thank you.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 2nd February 2020 at 07:32 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Concerning charities and funds withheld. They are really shooting themselves in the foot and those in future need not getting the assistance from the population because of the penny pinching of the funds managers of today. Hope this all makes sense. Personally prefer to assist someone in need face to face than donate. Example. Seeing someone obviously doing it tough at the check out and finding that they do not have enough cash to pay for the goods and giving them the balance to pay for them I see as making sure ones money goes direct to the needy and not propping up so parasitic CEO of a wealth fund.

I well remember that one Les. We were in Albury when it hit.
    On the way back we suddenly found ourselves sin the middle of the ghost town as it had become.
    Questioned by the Police what were we doing there?
    I explained we followed the diversions signs.
    But when he went to check he told us to move on, some idiot had moved two of them.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 3rd February 2020 at 08:13 PM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Doc Vernon, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have it all,

The rain, the dust, the hail storms and if they don't get you the neat wave must.

But if you are lucky enough to live in Melbourne you may get them all in one day.
    Today those in the Alice are rushing out to get jumpers, it has only been about 25 for the last few days, normally now about 40.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I was in Marble Bar about ten years ago it was 50 c
    A little too warm for comfort.
    Brian

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My heart bled for Australia last night after watching channel 4s Bushfires in Australia, And the devastation caused to both human and wildlife, And indeed such a beautiful country in many ways I pray to the lord that you guys can get over this catastrophic event and personally wish you all nothing but all the very best for the future, Things like this put a lot of things in perspective in life Regards to you all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry
    Thanks for the nice words and thoughts mate and i know all will appreciate them.

Just as an additive though (A bit of Humour thats all) but as the Aussie always says

We will be allright mate!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    My heart bled for Australia last night after watching channel 4s Bushfires in Australia, And the devastation caused to both human and wildlife, And indeed such a beautiful country in many ways I pray to the lord that you guys can get over this catastrophic event and personally wish you all nothing but all the very best for the future, Things like this put a lot of things in perspective in life Regards to you all Terry.

Watched the same programme Terry, I cannot understand how some think all is normal.

K.

12. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No worries mate, she'll be right.
    There is a strong community spirit in this country, stronger than many and we will get through this not as individuals but as a community.
    So many volunteers are in there doing what they can, so much assistance coming rom so many places.
    Our much felt thanks to all those who like you have shown your understanding of the situation.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We sure will mate but could be made easier if Scott from marketing could get his act into gear and start running the country instead of dreaming up jingles to promote his self. The communities have surely rallied and donations coming in thick and fast to assist those in need. On the box the other day they where asking us to stop donating cloths and such like as they are inundated with it and cannot handle the amount coming in. Saying that cash donations are the best way of helping other than emotional support as well. The only problem is getting the money to flow from some of the charities to those in dire need simply because of the reluctance to dole it out. Couple that with the usual government red tape for those to access funds. Was reported that a lot of victims of the bush fires are not applying for help from the government. Reason being that at the moment they have been through so much and coming to terms with events that to sit down and have to fill in a heap of forms for aid is the last thing that they want to do. I can fully understand their point of view. Loosing everything and some anus wipe wanting you to fill in a form with all the relevant information while you are looking a pile of ash where that information is stored is bloody insensitive for sure.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree totally Les, There is a lot to clear away before you can rebuild just get the bloody job rolling, Then assess who needs what and when some are luckily with friends or family others have nothing. It really is bloody annoying move on for heavens sake what wold most preferer right now a J,C,B, or a Pencil and paper. Regards mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast