Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Dust Storm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Some Dust Storm

Well well, as i sit here i peer out of my Lounge Window and what do i see! A very very dull colour Sky with no clouds ,so what is it,yes again you guessed its that Bleedin Dust Storm heading right at us ,not actually the full blast but lots of dark dust blowing over,as we have such heavy winds right now!

So looks like its my turn Tomorrow or so to be cleaning up here John!
    Hell mate if its not one thing lately its the next! Cannot win a trick of late!
    Fires,Wind,Rain,Snow,Hail Dust whats next or is there anything else! Good job we are not near the Ocean! LOL
    What an Eerie sight this is ,
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd January 2020 at 06:20 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said Vern you have got to love Australia mate for its diversity. John how lucky are you that you have water to wash the windows mate. I see that the con merchants are out in force for all the disasters and also opportunists. Saw one on the box the other night over the article about donations not getting out to them. This bloke was complaining that they had not come to the party to replace the Christmas presents that they had lost. Feck me if that is all he had lost get out of the queue. For me it these anus wipes that wreck it for those in need and cause greater scrutiny.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Vic we have not only had the dust storm but the wettest January for 24 years. 3 times average rainfall so far.
    We are also on the verge of the coldest in some 26 years.

But in general the weather here in Melbourne has been poor since September.
    Normally by now we would be complaining of the constant heat, but this year only a couple of warm days each month the rest very much below average.

A repeat of 26 years ago almost, but then 4 years later we had some stinkers.
    March of that year 5 days over 40 in arrow.

But yes that is the weather in Oz, drought, floods, cyclones, cold, beating heat, you name it we get it at some time.
    Nothing new despite what so many overseas think.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, Terry Sullivan thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for your dust, we now get a shade darker every time we wash.
    Terry Sullivan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As you say there is no ending to it is there. Now we have coronavirus to contend with LOL. Thankfully not many on site drink Corona as it is like having sex alongside a bucket of water. Fecking near water.

9. Likes Red Lead Ted, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    As said Vern you have got to love Australia mate for its diversity. John how lucky are you that you have water to wash the windows mate. I see that the con merchants are out in force for all the disasters and also opportunists. Saw one on the box the other night over the article about donations not getting out to them. This bloke was complaining that they had not come to the party to replace the Christmas presents that they had lost. Feck me if that is all he had lost get out of the queue. For me it these anus wipes that wreck it for those in need and cause greater scrutiny.
    Les this was inevitable a guy has just walked down the concrete steps here after claiming he ran into the Manchester Arena to help anyone he could after the suicide bomber killed a few poor souls after a gig for young kids hardly teenagers by Ariana Grande, Turned out he was homeless skint living on the streets, An appeal on Facebook raised over £50.000 for this hero to try and get his life back on track. CCTV, Showed him picking up a young kids mobile phone and pocketing it, He done nothing to help the victims other than took pictures and sold them on to the tabloid press, Yes we all have low life amongst us unfortunately, I only hope some of the local's are awaiting for him to be released that's justice. Regards mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Ted.
    I know there are low life's in society, but you don't expect it from the people you trust, the Red Cross collected $100 million for the fire victims, they said they would spend 50 $million on relief and put the rest in the bank for long term use, the same applied to the Salvation Army and St Vinny's. {For long term use read Ceo's big wages} the howls must have been heard in the UK, but so far the people that were burnt out have received nothing, people who were burnt out before Xmas still living in tents and caravans. One little town near Cooma had all the houses destroyed, they applied to a Govt agency for aid and were told that as their town was so small {A Village realy} and didn't show up on a map they couldn't help them. so far there appears to be inertia from the Govt agencies.As for the Govt's both Federal and State a lot of talk about Royal Commissions, but no action where it is needed the most, with the people effected.
    Des

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, I was about to make a donation at my local Bunnings who were collecting for the Red Cross, then heard about the monies they were holding back.
    Went to the Bendigo bank instead.

Never ever again will I give to the Red Cross or Salvos after this.
    Sound more like parasites than charities.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It happened again last night, Vernon sent the dust storm south again to us Mexicans to suffer.
    Brown as this morning, AGIAN.

But then it came, rain and more bloody rain, first the dust now we are being flooded.
    But my three empty tanks are loving it, filed up in less than an hour, 3 by 2500 liters.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Concerning charities and funds withheld. Years ago in the 80's we had an earthquake here in Newcastle NSW and there was a huge response to donations as there was recently with the bush fires. There are still people who suffered waiting for assistance from that fund but those in charge of the money are reluctant to assist them even though there is over a million dollars still in it. They have been told to wrap the fund up and are now looking at donating it to another fund. It is causing a lot of people to question as to why their donations where never used to assist those in need instead of holding onto it. Think it is a case of them frightened of future donations not being so responsive but making it happen with their actions with funds of today. They are really shooting themselves in the foot and those in future need not getting the assistance from the population because of the penny pinching of the funds managers of today. Hope this all makes sense. Personally prefer to assist someone in need face to face than donate. Example. Seeing someone obviously doing it tough at the check out and finding that they do not have enough cash to pay for the goods and giving them the balance to pay for them I see as making sure ones money goes direct to the needy and not propping up so parasitic CEO of a wealth fund.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast