Thread: On the Busses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default On the Busses.

Last Summer it was reported in the local rag that a bus hit a young lad on the pavement, it seems the bus had come to close
    to the kerb and the busses mirror hit the lad on the head and sent him flying, even though the bus passengers were shouting
    at the driver to stop he ignored them and carried on driving, he was finally stopped by the police as he approached the buus
    Depot.
    In today's paper he was up in court, here is the story, as the school turned out, the bus drove past and hit the 17 year old lad,
    his injuries included a large gash on his head, a dislocated knee and badly lacerated toes which will cause arthritis in later life,
    there was many witnesses and the police were called. When the bus was stopped the 49 year old driver was found to be well
    over the drink drive limit and the police found a water bottle with vodka in it, the driver admitted that he would fill the bottle
    with vodka and drink from it whilst on his route, he got 18 months jail time and his licence taken away, the lad is still recovering.
    "Not making light of it but this reminds me of an old Bob Monkhouse joe."

I want to die in my sleep like my Father, "Not screaming like his passengers" . Cheers

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: On the Busses.

Aldridge, of Southend-on-Sea, was given an immediate sentence of 18 months in prison for dangerous driving to run concurrently with a four month sentence for excessive alcohol.

He has also been disqualified from driving for a minimum of six years and nine months.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/esse...bottle-3654381

3. Likes Colin Pook liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The owner of the bus service, even if it was by the city involved, would be sued for who knows what amount in the U.S.. If it was a municipality or a private company they would carry insurance for this type of injury to an INNOCENT victim of an injury by one of their employees.

How much would depend on the skill of their attorney, who would get a third of the settlement. Out of the two thirds that would go to the injured party, would be payments paid by third parties, I.E. medical, rehabilitation etc..

In my opinion, in this instance, rightfully so.

Cheers, Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 19th December 2019 at 10:42 PM.

5. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had a case here in Melbourne a couple of years ago.
    We have a bridge with a notorious low clearance and a tourist bus attempted to go under it.
    Number of tourists injured but not badly.

Driver got five years. Vic Roads who do all the roads and signage then put up new warning sign and warning lights.

Eventually the driver after 18 months was let out.
    Appeal court ruled the time was excessively long compared with some drivers guilty of culpable driving who get off with a community order.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post