Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Just my little News snippet

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Just my little News snippet

Reports there:

Whole towns wiped off the map, hundreds of homes destroyed and three dead: Australia counts the cost of a hellish week of bushfires amid grim warning even WORSE blazes are only days away.

And here:

Torrential rain batters Britain putting nearly 100 areas on flood warning list - as 2.5m people battle home for Christmas on the roads and thousands face rail chaos.

K.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sky had a report from a family in blackheath where they had stayed and put out a number of small fires around their property. Their house suffered no damage but they lost a shed and a studio that were sited on the rear of their property. They still had power but no water. Other reports showed the utter devastation with metal roofing reduced to rivers of molten steel. Truly terrible and our thoughts are with all your fellow countrymen suffering such devastating fires. If only we could send you the torrents of rain affecting parts of the u.k. at present.
    Stay safe
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had so many Spot Fires Yesterday around here with Sirens going all day!
    My Mobile was going mad with Beeps informing of any Fire that started which is a good thing.
    In all there were 17 outbreaks around this little Area some quite large and others caught in time with little damage.
    Property behind us caught alight again but i called a Fire Truck immediately ,so that was put to rest ! The occupants are away on Holiday.

Today we awoke after another long vigil night,to a much clearer day here,still a lot od smoke around but not as bad as we have had.

Today is a bit cooler ,but the Heat is set to return possibly from as early as Tomorrow ,but they also forecast possible Showers on the 25th ??????? Let us hope that may happen.
    After that however Temps from 36 to 42 degrees again untill at least the 31st Dec.
    It could drag on even longer,so again we will all have to be on High Alert here and elsewhere!

I cannot say enough about these very Brave Men and Women of both the Fire Department and the State Emergency Services,they are working so hard 24/7 and putting their lives on the line for all of us ,they all i feel deserve Bravery Medals after this is all over!
    There was a snip on the News last Night that now they are at last thinking of Paying the SES Workers ,as these poor people work tireless and have to actually take time of Work with no Pay! This leaves many with much less Funds than normal and puts a strain on their living commitments!
    Yes i say that the Government or the Employers should Pay these Brave People when they are off Fighting Fires to keep all safe !

Well that it again for a while so we will just hang in here and wait and watch!
    A long journey ahead with no actual relief in sight!
    The Mega Fire that is now Burning is causing all sorts of issues on a very long Fire Front!

Its the Gospers Mountains and the Grose Valley Fires that have now merged and the Grose Valley one has also jumped the Grose River on our side ! This now causes a great concern to all this Area. Mt Victoria, Hartley,Lithgow,The Darling Causeway, Blackheath and many other communities along the Fire Fronts!

Here i end for now
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stay safe Doc.
    Vic

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, Bill Cameron thanked for this post