Thread: Sstop frequent flyers - BEST START FORWARD.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Stop frequent flyers - BEST START FORWARD.

Ban air miles and stop frequent flyers to combat climate change, report urges

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/empow...cid=spartanntp

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 14th October 2019 at 11:14 PM.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stop frequent flyers - BEST START FORWARD.

I wonder how many who wrote the report are frequent flyers? I don't agree with airmiles as such, but a lot of frequent flyers are not frequent flyers by choice. When I was a Mar Supt for a Middle East company I flew thousands of miles to sort out ships in trouble as well as business meetings, clocked up over 200,000 miles in one year. The people who write these reports have no idea how business is conducted, it is not conducted by faceless emails or even face to face conference telephone calls, Business is won or lost on the personalities of the men and women shaking hands, talking about their companies and families, sussing each out and ascertaining whether or not their counterparts are in a position to carry out their obligations whether buying or selling or just bullsh*tting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stop frequent flyers - BEST START FORWARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    I wonder how many who wrote the report are frequent flyers? I don't agree with airmiles as such, but a lot of frequent flyers are not frequent flyers by choice. When I was a Mar Supt for a Middle East company I flew thousands of miles to sort out ships in trouble as well as business meetings, clocked up over 200,000 miles in one year. The people who write these reports have no idea how business is conducted, it is not conducted by faceless emails or even face to face conference telephone calls, Business is won or lost on the personalities of the men and women shaking hands, talking about their companies and families, sussing each out and ascertaining whether or not their counterparts are in a position to carry out their obligations whether buying or selling or just bullsh*tting.
    Ivan, you are so right!

4. Thanks Captain Kong, Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sstop frequent flyers - BEST START FORWARD.

I collect BA Air Miles.

I do not fly anymore than I have to. when I use them which is on one holiday a Year, I use them to upgrade my seat. from Cattle Class to Business class, much more comfortable on a long flight to or from Australia, Hong Kong Singapore or the States.
    So if I sit in Business class I pollute more of the world than if I sit in Cattle Class. what a stupid statement.
    I get my Air Miles from my BA credit card so I get one Air Mile for every pound spent on on groceries etc.

These stupid greens should get a life instead of spoiling other peoples lives.
    I worked bleddy hard for over 50 years,. all I want to do is enjoy my retirement every year.
    so they can all get stuffed.

Not One Greeny has the Guts to go to a War Zone , eg, to Syria, and complain about the polluting smoke.
    Not one goes to the Amazon ans stops the burning of the Rain Forests or to Borneo or Sumatra.
    They just want the easy one. spoil an annual holiday. What miserable depressing lives they have.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 15th October 2019 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a news snippet
    though interesting.

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, you are correct mate, I collect Velocity points with Virgin and if the 'Greens' and others are so keen to reduce flying then they should also reduce their reliance on this form of transport.

But as is always the case in such, they complain but never put forward an alternative, it is always do as I say, not as I do.

The world relies on air transport for so many things now and all these people want to do is destroy any form of business.
    I know the 'Greens' here in Oz would like to see us all sitting under a palm tree making grass skirts to wear.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post