Thread: Instant Karma.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Instant Karma.

Last month there was an unusual incident in Sydenham south east London, "This is from an eye witness statement".
    There was a car parked outside Lloyds Bank with a group of guys sitting in it, across the road was another group of
    guys watching them, then a big guy comes down the road towards the car, the guys in the car jumped out and ran
    away, the big guy pulled out a gun and took a shot at the car window, the bullet bounced back and hit him. The
    bloke was in his 20s and died at the scene, two others were arrested and the police are investigating.
    In yesterdays online Daily Mail was a CCTV video clip of a hooded man throwing a brick at a car window, the brick
    rebounds and hits him full in the face, he is doubled up in pain and clutching his face, the police were called and
    later confirmed a 40 year old man was arrested in Durham, must say that one gave me a bloody good laugh.
    My question is, "Should today's car windows come with a Danger to health warning" cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Instant Karma.

Theres a clip on Youtube John, where two young thugs throw a brick at a shop window, the brick bounces back and lays his mate out cold, he then legs it, really good mates, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, that is proven scientific evidence.

These two incidents show that the theory is correct
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Graham Payne, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

One problem frequently observed by physics educators is that students tend to apply Newton's Third Law to pairs of 'equal and opposite' forces acting on the same object. This is incorrect; the Third Law refers to forces on two different objects. For example, a book lying on a table is subject to a downward gravitational force (exerted by the earth) and to an upward normal force by the table. Since the book is not accelerating, these forces must be exactly balanced, according to Newton's First or Second law. They are therefore 'equal and opposite'. However, these forces are not always equally strong; they will be different if the book is pushed down by a third force, or if the table is slanted, or if the table-and-book system is in an accelerating elevator. The case of three or more forces is covered by considering the sum of all forces.

A possible cause of this problem is that the Third Law is often stated in an abbreviated form: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, without the details, namely that these forces act on two different objects. Moreover, there is a causal connection between the weight of something and the normal force: if an object had no weight, it would not experience support force from the table, and the weight dictates how strong the support force will be. This causal relationship is not due to the Third Law but to other physical relations in the system.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I'm blowed, after all these years of me thinking it was Sods Law that caused my toast to land butter side down when I dropped it,

Keith at Tregenna Guest

LOL: Sod's law a British culture axiom that "if something can go wrong, it will", sometimes also made to include that it will happen at "the worst possible time" (Finagle's law). The term is commonly used in the United Kingdom, though in North America the eponymous "Murphy's law" is more popular.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John F Collier View Post
    Well I'm blowed, after all these years of me thinking it was Sods Law that caused my toast to land butter side down when I dropped it,
    Years long gone, the tv pundit Bernard Levin (family from the Ukraine) told how in a certain Ukrainian village, a labourer's bread had fallen to the earth floor of his hut - butter side up. How could that be? The matter was put before the council of rabbis. They pondered a while, then judged the peasant had buttered his bread on the wrong side.
    Harry Nicholson