Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remainers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Remainers

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Amazing, other than the two world wars, Brexit is the most disruptive and dangerous time for Britain since Oliver Cromwell and no one is posting about it, yes it is political, but it will impact on the lives of every one in Britain, and upset many ex pats. I never knew I would be so angry to see Teresa May on TV grinning like a Cheshire cat at having delayed Brexit for three years, albeit that it doesn't effect me , but that someone could ignore the vote of the British people makes me mad as hell. What did all those Merchant seamen lose their lives for.
    Des
    Very well said said Des, for me Oliver Cromwell's Dissolution of Parliament speech 20th April 1653 still rings true today, there is so much
    frustration in the UK being caused by people who won't accept the outcome of the referendum vote 23rd June 2016 when 17.4 million
    voted to leave the EU. In his post John Arton quotes the Lisbon Treaty of 2012, since then the EU has become evermore dominating and
    bullying, it doesn't sit well with many of the indigenous British people who want our country to be free from the Dictatorship of the EU,
    many of today's snowflakes worry that the UK will not survive on its own, well history shows we didn't do too badly for a few hundred
    years. but of course that sort of talk makes me a "Little Englander" Cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter which way you look at, the overwhelming majority voted leave.
    17m against 16. There are 650 Parliamentary constituencies, over 400 voted leave.
    The undemocratic remainders cannot accept that they lost.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If The remainer's get their way how long before King Johns promise to the British people in the Magna Charter is scrubbed from History, a long time ago now, but it has always served the People of Britain well.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot, in my opinion, will depend on how far the EU will go get a resolution to the problem.
    They do not want UK to leave without a deal as it will leave them in a situation where many businesses will have no where to go.
    French Farmers is an example, where do they find new markets if no deal.
    Bit like a same of poker, lot of bluffing goes on before the cards are shown.

The EU has asked UK to come up with a solution to the Irish back stop, always thought that was something in Rugby, but have put forward no suggestions themselves.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 14th September 2019 at 06:09 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

King James 1st of England and 6th of Scotland created Gt Britain, let it stay that way.

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    No matter which way you look at, the overwhelming majority voted leave.
    17m against 16. There are 650 Parliamentary constituencies, over 400 voted leave.
    The undemocratic remainders cannot accept that they lost.
    Vic
    And even then there are MP's who's constituencies that voted to leave, have ignored their constituents and voted against their
    wishes in parliament, to my mind that is showing contempt to the very people who voted them in to become an MP, they are
    unfit for purpose and should be deselected, if there is a General Election I think many heads will roll, only tonight a Tory quit
    his party and joined the Lib Dems, Sam Gyimah lost when he stood in the leadership race so really it goes to shows that if
    they can't get their own way they have a tantrum, I never thought I'd see parliament sink so low.

8. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Tony Taylor liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2