Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming- Again (sigh)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Global Warming- Again (sigh)

The UN Climate Change Panel have held their annual get together on a Greek Island I believe, producing lost of Co2 in order to come to their decisions.

1) Scientists in Edinburgh, North of England and Japan, have scientifically proved that he earths orbit is moving it nearer the sun and also the earth is tilting more towards the sun. This happens every now and again, similar to the seasons on earth.

2) The earths magnetic field is weakening and scientist believe the poles are about to flip, this has happened before and they believe that there will be no major problem. Scientists point to the magnetic North Pole is somewhere in Siberia.

3) Co2 cause warming at lower levels but at higher levels causes cooling.

1) The earths orbit moving closer to the sun will cause temperatures to rise and influence climate on earth.
    2 &3) with these changes scientists believe that the earth is now less protected against cosmic rays and is being bombarded by solar rays.
    The scientists that reported these findings have stated that Climate Change scientists are ignoring these findings and the influence that they have on our climates. Interestingly these scientists state that mans activities DOES have an effect on the climate, but not as much as stated.
    The scientists mentioned above that state armed with their data we are not as bad as believed, but we should still take action to reduce the effect of Co2.
    Now these guys have worked hard, only for their data to be ridiculed by the climate change guys. To me its like the church in the middle ages when anyone questioned the beliefs they were branded as heretics.
    Vic

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Global Warming- Again (sigh)

Amazes me that many fail to see or understand the damage done
    and how little time is left to put all near to right.

Younger generations inheriting our mess, is not the best plan.

K.

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Trevor Bodiam liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Global warming here Vic Today at 1 degree with heaps of Snow Cover all lovely and White so Pretty too. LOL
    cHEERS

20190810_073417.jpg20190810_073429.jpg20190810_094601.jpg20190810_094645.jpg20190810_094631.jpg
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 10th August 2019 at 12:19 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post one interesting.

It fits in with comments made by a UK climatologist who said that the current weather patterns, and that is what it is nothing to do with climate, fit with similar ones over a number of centuries.

Similar guy in USA made the comment, on what basis do the climate change scientists base their claims.
    If they only compare within the last 50 or so years, and that appears to be what they do, and use the info in computerized results sett o get the result they want to fit their argument then they are wasting our time.

He also went on to say that he thinks the whole argument is more political than practical, many believe this is a push to keep China from any further growth, and that propaganda on the subject, keep beating the drum, will reach some but not all.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Boltonistan it has been cold on many days , mid summer, had my wool jersey on and Central Heating on.
    But some clown with an Ology tells me it is GLOBAL WARMING, glad it is not Global cooling.

No Climate change here, the apples on my trees are almost ready for picking as they have bee for the last 56 year I have been here, , my Fig Tree has figs on nearly ready, My Victoria Plum tree has some ripening plums, as the have always been this time of year,
    So where has the Climate Changed ?????????????????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post 2. If you take time to read the post, they are not saying climate change is not happening, but there are other factors which are being ignored.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately what I would call the green lobby tend to ignore the overall picture and yes pick on the few fact and figures that backup their Theory full stop yesterday's power cuts widespread across the UK has been blamed by some scientists on the unreliability of wind farms . and they predict that the more we switch over the wind energy the more unpredictable problems will occur . Too many times incomplete facts are reported the conclusions of this week about beef cattle and methane referred do intensive reared cattle kept in Sheds and bore no relationship to free-range as we do in the UK. This is a typical case of the minority making the noises using missguided incomplete and an accurate information . The climates been changing for 4 billion years . When you listen to the youth of today spouting on about veganism and renewable energy it makes you think that they're getting fed this in colleges and universities across the land by minority activists.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many years ago the A69, the main road between Newcastle and Carlisle was dualled as far west as the western outskirts of Hexham with the main exit ramp a bit nearer the town centre.
    The idea was that the dual carriageway would continue as an underpass with roundabout on top, however the project ran out of money so the underpass was never built resulting in all traffic having to run up the slip road and then negotiate the roundabout, either turning left into the city or going straight over and down the other side to continue west, resulting in large taibacks of vehicles idling until they got their turn to cross.
    Right now there is a project underway to finally construct the underpass which will mean a free flow of traffic thereby reducing standing traffic and hence lower pollution levels. There is no destruction of the surrounding countryside, not chopping down any trees, but there was still a demonstration by Evilution Revolution or whatever they are called, against the underpass, main reason - they wanted the money spent on more cycle lanes in the locality.
    As a regular visitor to Hexham there is a notable lack of cyclists apart from a few tourers in the summer and the odd die hards.
    Maybe they did not evaluate the benefit of cleaner air to the few cyclists there are, but hey ho another demo, for whatever reason, sounds good idea to some.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This appeared in our local paper, written in a joking manner but true nevertheless.
    Cows not to blame for global warming.
    "I feel much maligned by misconceptions concerning my contribution to climate change. Plants and trees are nature's way of dealing with carbon emissions but this process produces cellulose a carbohydrate you humans are unable to digest. However I love to eat it and I convert it into milk and beef.
    I apologize for the methane I produce but have scientists told you that this breaks down naturally and is reabsorbed by plants? Because of better breeding I produce more milk and meat than my grandparents did so fewer cows are needed hence our carbon footprint has actually decreased. I wish humans would acknowledge that 80% of greenhouse gases come from fossil fuel consuming industries which includes factories producing processed soya, almond and other somewhat artificial drinks masquerading as milk."
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From China's South Morning Post news paper.
    As many have stated on hear climate is cyclical and scientist in China have been studying areas in Northern Siberia, there is evidence of cooling and heating of the planet in a 500 year cycle.
    The Chinese scientist believe that we are in for a sudden cooling period starting in the next tow or three decades.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 11th August 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast