Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming- Again (sigh)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Global Warming- Again (sigh)

WE have climate change, looking at Vernon's snow and him saying it was minus one, we had no snow and it was minus 10, mind you they had
    about four feet down the road at the snow fields, in fact the snow was so high a skier got killed when he hit a low tree branch, or was it high snow.
    Wait until the Dam runs out of water in Sydney then you will see climate change, the political climate.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Climate change/Season shift or whatever else people want to call it is a bit like Brexit- some people in favour and others against and a subject that divides people depending on their beliefs.
    I believe something is happening to our planet and some action needs to be taken, and soon, if we are to preserve our way of life for our future generations.
    How we do this is beyond me, but i do hope someone finds an answer.
    There are quite simply too many people reproducing too fast for our planets resources.
    We are all consuming our natural resources for growth to continue at an ever increasing rate.
    We are producing waste of many varieties that will eventually grow to unbelievable proportions and continue to pollute our land and seas for generations to come.
    The world desperately needs leaders that will make hard decisions for the future and not for the short term goals of his/her political party.
    Having read what i've written i come to the conclusion that we're well and truly ******.
    From Hungarian news this week is the following story on our weather.
    -
    This past June was a record hot in Hungary, the Hungarian Meteorological*Service (OMSZ) informed wire service MTI on Monday.
    According to OMSZ, in comparison,*June 2019 proved to be the hottest month ever since the beginning of this kind of record-keeping (June 1901). Until now, June 2003 held the record; however, this year’s average surpassed that by 0.32 degrees. In addition, this June’s average temperature was 3.6 degrees higher than the June overall average between 1981 and 2010 (19.04°C).

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Trevor Bodiam; 12th August 2019 at 06:07 AM. Reason: duplication

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des with all the snow this year in NSW and here in Vic the dams should fill very well.

But as Rob says, the younger generation are being fed all manner of rubbish by school teachers of the Green party and left wing activists.

Here in Oz we are beginning to feel the effects of 'clean energy' with a lack of power becomes more obvious as conventional power stations close down.
    China, Japan and South Korea continue to build clean coal fired power stations to meet the demands of heavy industry.

Remember your child hood and you will no doubt recall conditions similar to now, weather cycles continue but there are those who conveniently call it 'Cliamte Change'.
    I often wonder if they know the difference?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks robpage, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes robpage, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see today the Labour Party want to investigate Grouse Moors and the Hunting of the red grouse an appropriate time to start its today August 12th but the season begins. Apparently the gamekeepers pump out the Marshes on the moors and kill thousands of animals every year. Gross Motors from what I have actually seen are the best managed Moorlands that we have. Again a small bunch of activists want to stop Grouse hunting which actually employs thousands of people and brings in millions of pounds to rural areas. Had a conference in Switzerland last weekend not come to the conclusion that dairy cattle are bad for the planet I would have started believing that a natural grasslands bred cattle as we have in this country do No Harm. Because the rest of the world breeds of dairy cattle and keeps them in a huge sheds fed on Maze methods of production were included with everybody else has. How to save the world we must become a vegan and cull all the food animals . The small minority lobbies have a powerful voice that gets listened to. Germany this weekend have stopped a 40 million euro donation to Brazil to help with their climate change and the Brazilian Prime Minister has said will you don't need lectures in cutting down the amazonian forests from people who mined coal and pollute the world with the factories. I prefer to keep the amazonian Forest where do sympathize with his point of view. The effort that we make is completely insignificant when you look at the amount of emissions that come out of the USA and of China. Until those two major manufacturing places come on board the rest of the efforts don't even scratch the surface. But yet again we have the minority imposing its will on the majority. I'm a firm Believer that the climate is changing and I do believe that the Globe is warming and I firmly believe that man's influence is affecting all these things.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

7. Thanks Trevor Bodiam thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RE Post 14.
    China, Japan and South Korea continue to build clean coal fired power stations to meet the demands of heavy industry.

John many people are of the opinion that there is no such thing as "clean coal".
    Of course it is a great sounding name for the coal industry to promote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trouble is Rob, it's a closed shop, challenge that global warming is all man made and your ridiculed.
    As I have tried to point out in these posts there are other factors which influence our climate, but because they do not confirm they are ignored.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I see today the Labour Party want to investigate Grouse Moors and the Hunting of the red grouse an appropriate time to start its today August 12th but the season begins. Until those two major manufacturing places come on board the rest of the efforts don't even scratch the surface. But yet again we have the minority imposing its will on the majority. I'm a firm Believer that the climate is changing and I do believe that the Globe is warming and I firmly believe that man's influence is affecting all these things.
    There is another aspect to this Rob, all that cow muck is used to spread on the land as natural fertiliser, reducing the need for chemical fertilisers; it would bugger up the organic farming scene if there was none available.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 13th August 2019 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Bodiam View Post
    RE Post 14.

John many people are of the opinion that there is no such thing as "clean coal".
    Of course it is a great sounding name for the coal industry to promote.
    in the late eighties and early nineties, millions was spent here on de-sulphurisation plants and exhaust scrubbers on coal fired plants. A big factor in this decision was that imported cheap coal was not as clean burning as higher quality British steam coal which was in decline mainly due to cost of extraction.

12. Thanks Trevor Bodiam, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have visited one of the clean coal fired power stations in Japan, they are very clean with nothing more than hot air coming from the chimney.
    Bit like the Greens in parliament.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This was posted in one of our national papers about two years ago, followed this year by a statement from the Climate Society which supports most of what is here.

1. Britain is one degree Celsius cooler now than it was at the time of the Domesday book.
    2. Greenland got its name from the verdant pastures that attracted the Norse settlers under Eric the Red in 986. They carried on their normal way of life (based on cattle, grain, hay and herring) for 300 years until the Little Ice Age, when they were driven off by the encroaching ice and the Inuit took over. The ice and the Inuit are still there.
    3. Carbon dioxide is a minor greenhouse gas. In the atmosphere there is over a hundred times the concentration of water vapour, which is the dominant greenhouse gas.
    4. Without the Greenhouse Effect there would be no life on Earth.
    5. Temperature measurements by satellite, radio sonde balloons and well maintained rural surface stations in the West show no significant warming.
    6. The evidence of* significant warming comes from surface stations that are probably affected by a variety of factors that contaminate the data.
    7. Computer models of the climate are worthless, as they are based on many assumptions about interactions between climate factors that are still unknown to science. They are generally unstable and chaotic, giving a wide variety of answers depending on the input assumptions.
    8. The Kyoto agreement would have a devastating effect on the world economy but, since carbon dioxide is a minor greenhouse gas, an undetectable effect on the climate.
    9. The IPCC (the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has been the main engine for promoting the global warming scare. It has become notorious for its corrupt practices of doctoring its reports and executive summaries, after they have been approved by the participating scientists, to conform to its political objectives
    10. The really big lie about man-made global warming is that almost all scientists accept it. More than 4,000 scientists from 106 countries, including 72 Nobel prize winners, signed the Heidelberg Appeal (1992), calling for a rational scientific approach to environmental problems. Many senior scientists have also supported The Statement by Atmospheric Scientists on Greenhouse Warming (1992), The Leipzig Declaration (1997) and finally the Oregon Petition (1998) which received the signatures of over 19,000 scientists
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast