Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dolphins

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default dolphins

Where the hell are we going in this country, the link is below, hooligans on water motorbikes, or whatever their correct term is. They should be taken to court, water bikes confiscated and then sold with the money going to a wild life trust, kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48892918
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dolphins

Like many things in our soceity today Keith, just beggars beleif of the mentality of these morons. Much harsher punishments are what is needed me thinks!
    R 800658 Kn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree, shoot the berstereds.

I sailed round the world again this year for three months. Never saw One Dolphin, Where are they?
    through the Caribbean, across the Pacific, the Indian Ocean the South China Sea and so on. Never saw one. where there used to be dozens chasing the ships and leaping around the bow.

Also this year never saw one Flying Fish when there used to be so many
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my first trip I discovered the joys of watching Dolphins/Porpoise by watching them through the Hawser hole at the Bow, it was a
    privilege to have a front row seat and see these fascinating creatures racing through the water criss crossing the bow, a wonderful sight
    that is engraved in my memory. Last year we had a Beluga whale living in the Thames, he became known as Benny the Beluga, he was
    mostly seen down by the Gravesend area, they were concerned about shipping dangers but it seems Benny was a bit streetwise and he
    flourished there for quite a long time but hasn't been seen of late, cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Between NZ and Panama many afternoon breaks I would go to the very point of the bow of the Gothic with my chin resting on on the curve and it was like flying with flying fish leaping out of the water. Across the Indian Ocean between Fremantle and Cape Town albatross skimming over the swell alongside the ship. Just to shut my eyes I can see it all again.
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith.
    We have strict laws governing the use of those machines, used to have them racing through swimmers on rivers and beaches, most have now been curtailed with confiscation and heavy fines.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I agree, shoot the berstereds.

I sailed round the world again this year for three months. Never saw One Dolphin, Where are they?
    through the Caribbean, across the Pacific, the Indian Ocean the South China Sea and so on. Never saw one. where there used to be dozens chasing the ships and leaping around the bow.

Also this year never saw one Flying Fish when there used to be so many
    Brian
    They migrated to the North Sea, pod of 40+ off Tynemouth last week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Quartermaine View Post
    Between NZ and Panama many afternoon breaks I would go to the very point of the bow of the Gothic with my chin resting on on the curve and it was like flying with flying fish leaping out of the water. Across the Indian Ocean between Fremantle and Cape Town albatross skimming over the swell alongside the ship. Just to shut my eyes I can see it all again.
    Richard
    You're lucky Richard, I just nod off cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Where the hell are we going in this country, the link is below, hooligans on water motorbikes, or whatever their correct term is. They should be taken to court, water bikes confiscated and then sold with the money going to a wild life trust, kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-48892918
    I spend a lot of time around the Tyne and the coast, so seeing these idiots regularly is nothing new. THE POLICE ARE VIRTUALLY INVISBLE.
    My son has a 31 ft 200hp boat at Willington Quay and all the members have the same opinion about these tossers.
    Opposite the club is the marine police station, very modern and equipped with some good kit, but they are rarely seen,
    There is asix knot speed limit on the Tyne but even the police abuse that. There is a high speed area up the river near the Blaydon bridge but I guess it is too far for these numpties tp travel. I have even witnessed idiots travelling at high speeds in chicken duels at the quayside in town with nio action by the police.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Living right next to the Thames I've often seen these idiots performing there antics, before I moved home at Christmas one
    of my neighbours had a son who owned one of these jet skis and almost every weekend in the summer {weather permitting} ,
    after being out on the water he he would flush it out using the garden hose and the engine would be running and periodically
    reved up, it sounded like a motorbike without an exhaust and lasted for half an hour or more, on a lovely summer Saturday
    and Sunday evenings the peace would be shattered by the racket this thing made, so when you talk about the menace that
    they are on the water, spare a thought for
    their neighbours ashore, they are an allround bloody pest, cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast