Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure madness.................again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pure madness.................again

One of the biggest problems is extremism and one 99% of any face can live happily in peace we don't look at that we look at the 1% of the Lunatic fringe . I have spent several months in hospital over the last 2 to 3 years I have come across the whole International backup that supports our NHS from clinicians through to the janitorial staff and maybe that's why I have become very tolerant of what people do what they are where they're from and who they pray to . Without those immigrants the NHS itself would be totally stuffed but I have come to the conclusion but what we actually need in this country and everytime it's proposed the human rights Brigade reject it is identity cards and you register for an identity card and with it you have the biometric security and without it you get no NHS you get no benefits and you get no job as much as it says further impositions on our freedoms as I have always said about stop and search Mr policeman can stop and search me anytime he wants because basically I don't carry a knife and when carrying a gun I obey the laws that apply to that gun so I have nothing to fear let's have the identity cards in it might discourage the illegal immigration which seems to be at the root of a lot of the anti religious sentiments
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Get well soon Terry not nice to be laid up with all that going on!
    Boils are really Ouch!!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

3. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry I must have something similar as my feet swell up to like two Xmas puddings. When I said to my GP was it all these blasted pilIs I take, he said maybe , but take your choice you can either have swollen feet or a bad heart, you can’t have both, like I was asking for an ice cream and a bar of chocolate at the same time. Good to see you back in one piece. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th March 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Terry I must have something similar as my feet swell up to like two Xmas puddings. When I said to my GP was it all these blasted pilIs I take, he said maybe , but take your choice you can either have swollen feet or a bad heart, you can’t have both, like I was asking for an ice cream and a bar of chocolate at the same time. Good to see you back in one piece. Cheers JS
    Spend more time with your feet up, helps my ankles to go down

6. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Tony , This is only the start mate, Bloody crazy gang alright. By the way lads I have been laid up for a few weeks with a blood infection, Caused me all kinds of prob,s from a cluster of boils in my lower abdomen to terrible swelling of my feet All part of the condition I suffer with known as Chronic Osteomyelitis. Which is a permanent bone infection. We all have our crosses to bare, We cant stop the wind and storm. But we can adjust the sails Regards lads Terry. Good to be able to sit up at my p.c. desk again.
    Terry,
    keep fighting it mate, are you allowed a livener to ease your mind , if nothing else?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK Lads thanks for all the off Topic now back to the Original Topic please!
    Thanks

Yes i know i drifted just to wish Terry well. Sorry
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The original topic was and is Pure Madness... but for future records one must go back a few years to the. Root cause of the present day situation. If my memory is correct the UN laid down basic laws for the succour of refugees , these were to most people’s way of thinking people from war torn situations who had no where to go. All very well l and good. This law was to the best of my knowledge never received-a realignment to modern times, and if it was it only applied to those who followed UN rulings. People of so called strong values used these laws to let in economic refugees who were not aligned with the old guide lines. Others followed with these thinking’s whether through visions of self gain or conscience, brought on by various means whether by newsreels or a very descriptive media who saw ways to make it very public with whatever emphasis they chose to give the stories,. We are today in a situation where the original rules really have no bearing on what is occurring. When the mass influx into Europe began this sorry saga, the only country I saw that had the foresight to see what could lie ahead was Hungary, she took the full force of a bad press through the media and other countries in Europe,. Today what started there and should have been contained there has spread to different parts of the world. The more media it gets the bigger it stands to get. The heads of governments be they democratic or Despot led, is where the rot should stop and laws to that effect made at a national level. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st March 2019 at 02:30 AM.

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said before, the primary duty of any gov is protection of the people by control of borders.
    Not all 'those people' are bad but it appears most terrorists come from 'those people'.

It has been going on since Cocky was in the egg and no matter what we as citizens or govs do the terrorists if they want them will find the guns.
    Our gun laws here in Oz since 1996 are some of the toughest about, but it has not stopped crims from shooting each other, and others along the way.

NZ has now banned all semi automatic guns, but there are still many out there yet to be handed in and some will not.

It is a sad state of affairs when the public have to walk around wondering if it will occur again where they are.
    Now we live in fear of retaliation by some lunatic fringe who will say this is revenge.

But one light on the hill, in the news today from UK, a man who became a friend of one of ' those people' and is now leading an anti right wing fight to attempt to stop the anti 'those people' brigade.

It is also a sad indictment of society, that includes us on site, where we cannot refer to these people by the term they are, resorting to phrases such as, 'those people'.
    We refer to Christians, Catholics, Anglicans as such but not the others.
    I fully understand the reason on site for this after the incident a few years ago, but it is still a bad sign, how can those decent people from 'those people' ever become fully intregrated in to our society if we refer to them in this manner.

Six years ago I had a Radical Prostatectomy, conducted by one of 'those people' who gave after care to me that was second to none.

As Rob pointed out, there are so many good ones without whom many aspects of our society would fail.
    If we are to remain a civilized society then attitudes must change.

Sorry to hear about the feet, have a similar problem, good news for Terry though.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    middlemount and bundaberg queensland australia
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

australias gun laws have done nothing to stop firearm related crime. the pollies didn't, and still don't, understand that criminals do not obey any laws. new Zealand is different because most of their rifles do not require registration, which is merely a tool for confiscation. their pm wants people to hand in their guns and talk about compensation later, yeah, right, don't think the kiwis are that stupid.

14. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although I agree with most on this post it is a waste of time discussing it,as it will be considered political or religious and when you get into those realms the posts disappear like magic. So all I will say everyone is liable to the law , crime and religious beliefs if they don’t correspond with the laws of the country then if. They are not born and bred in the same country should return to their own country or one that corresponds to their own laws. This includes those who practice bigamy and sexual acts with underage children. If they obey the rules of the land they should be all welcome. As long as they enter legally. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st March 2019 at 02:00 PM.

16. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast