Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arrest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Arrest

Police Scotland confirmed today that they have arrested and charged former SNP leader Alex Salmond. He is expected to appear in court later today. No other in formation given.

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Cameron, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Arrest

Always thought there was something fishy about him. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, i hope he's well and truly hooked, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe he was caught interfering with that other fishy sounding Polly. JS.

6. Likes Graham Payne, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would appear he is facing 14 charges, one is ' attempted rape ' - this is going to be interesting.

One wonders why her ladyship has referred herself to an independent ministerial ethics body after bowing to intense pressure to allow an investigation into her actions in the Alex Salmond sexual harassment case.

The first minister’s move follows her admission that she held a secret meeting with Salmond at her home, in the presence of her government-employed chief of staff and one of Salmond’s advisers, where he briefed her on a Scottish government inquiry into sexual harassment allegations against him.

Opposition parties said that meeting and a subsequent phone call with Salmond were in clear breach of the ministerial code since discussions with outsiders on government business had to be immediately reported to civil servants. Richard Leonard, the Scottish Labour leader, said it was a “grave error of judgment”.

Watch this space !!!!!!!!!
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

8. Thanks John Callon, Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's hope it doesn't turn into a trial by press , the judges seem to relate to attempted a assaults and attempted rape looks like the man wasn't very successful at doing anything
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best just to plead that old Chinese world philosophers that rape is impossible, that woman with skirts up can run faster than man with pants down. Mind that might draw attention to the fact he may of been wearing his kilt at the time. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't say that it was ever my favourite politician I love all the things that I look at politically I am still a Unionist and I believe in the United Kingdom match in disagreement with people like Alex Salmond , it seems to be reported that he had some meetings with Nicola Sturgeon and some kind of officialdom of Scottish police before he was charged if that's the case then I think the whole lot wants examining in public
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

13. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8... Scottish law differs in some ways to English law Rob. They have what is called a Proculator Fiscal. What his or her full duties are I don’t really know but the Scottish members will know better. I know when I had to make statements to the police they made them on behalf of the Proculator Fiscals Office. I believe it must be something on line with the District Attorneys Office in the USA who dcides on any prosecutions. I do know if you have to appear at any civil inquiry you are personally issued the summons by police officers stating the consequences of none compliance. I think it was in 1989 that a rig in the North Sea had a fire on board , and they had one fatality the wireless operator. The OIM was an American and he refused point blank to return to Aberdeen for the Inquiry. Not much they could do I would imagine unless he stepped foot back in Scotland. Anyhow when these two English bobbies appeared on my front door step, police car and all the works , the neighbours must have thought my past had finally caught up. Hope Mr. Salmond receives the same exposure to the media. Hope he has his kilt on as well. He would be a candidate for tailor made underpants as Louis likes to think of them. He may even wear silky ones with frills. Cheers JS

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John. procurator Fiscal, investigates sudden deaths acts crononer and investigates crimes in Scotland, they decide if there is sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.
    Vic

17. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast