Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Drones

This will have to be sorted pretty quick, Garwick airport closed from late last night until 11oclock this morning , because of drones being flown over the airport. All passengers having to be diverted. Lots of people having their Xmas travels knackered, i should imagine a lynching if they can be caught, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Drones

I wrote letters to PM Cameron several years ago about Drones saying they should be BANNED from sale,
    A Terrorist puts an explosive charge on a Drone and into a plane and three hundred people die,
    Then gangs of Terrorists with Drones and explosives near every airport in Britain at the same time would cause the deaths of Many thousands and bring the Nation to a halt.closing down every airport in Britain.
    Drones are on sale in Fleetwood shops for as little as £12. for a terrorist a cheap way to kill,
    Are our defence Chiefs so stupid they cannot see what I can see.???
    They shoul be taken off sale immediately and any one owning one should be gaoled for many years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem is , although this might be the result of a couple of idiots, it will give the more extreme people an idea, not sure what the answer can be, shoot em down ?, legislation will not do it. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They have great uses but in the wrong hands are a worrying menace.

5. Likes Graham Payne, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still ongoing at Gatwick and as Brian says can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. New legislation is due to be brought in to make mandatory to have training and be licensed in order to own one.
    Some drones have built into their GPS system a facility that prevents them. From being flown in certain designated areas such as airports but many do not. To block radio transmission may not be possible as the frequency they operate on can easily be changed and could also disrupt normal communications. Nothing arriving or leaving Gatwick before at least 16:00
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The operators could be traced by locking onto the signal and then shoot the bersterds DEAD.

Is is, have warned us that there will be a big strike in UK this Christmas, are they testing this means out??
    Drones bringing down planes, placing explosives through windows of Offices and high rise Flats, , aka Grenfell. killing and causing all kinds of chaos,
    Gangs use Drones to deliver Drugs and other dangerous equipment into our Prisons daily. .
    ?
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY, GET RID OF THEM AND THEIR OPERATORS. NOW!
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 20th December 2018 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Drones are not the problem it is some of the idiots that use them.
    I have a drone and use it only for unusual aerial photographs.
    It's the same with Laser pointers, some idiots flash aircraft with the laser beam whilst flying overhead.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 20th December 2018 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thought you might be interested in this:

Commercial drone operators and hobbyists/recreational drone operators are both required to register their drones. Any drone weighing between .55 lbs (250 grams) and up to 55 lbs. (25 kg) must be registered with the FAA under the Small UAS Rule Part 107. Any unmanned aircraft weighing 55 lbs or more must be registered under 14 CFR Part 47.
    If you meet the criteria to register an unmanned aircraft and fail to register, you may be subject to civil and/or criminal penalties defined in the U.S. Government drone regulation terms, including fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.
    Once registered, hobbyists receive one identification number for all the drones they own. All others pay the registration fee for each drone they intend to operate. Once you receive your identification number, you must label your unmanned aircraft with that number

Too bad we can't do the same with guns.

Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 20th December 2018 at 05:37 PM.

Lewis McColl Guest

Here is an idea, as stated a lot of drones are used commercially for excellent purposes Survey buildings, motorway bridges search and rescue etc! So float this out there, every drone and operator has a GPS signiture, the operator also wears a GPS tagging device!!! Both the drone and device are talking to each other?? If the operator fails to wear and turn on the the tagging device or takes it off or turns it off the drone stops working crash and burn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing I find worrying is the police won't shoot it down because of the risk of stray bullets. I worked at LGW for about 5 years as one of the Gatwick Solo paramedics. It is a huge area if they can't shoot it down without risking people or property outside the airfield boundary they shouldn't be allowed to use a firearm.

I have a 'ham' licence and jamming these or any radio frequency is not that difficult, I'm sure the government has far better and more competent engineers than I could ever be. Who cares if this thing comes crashing to earth?

The economic and personal effects of letting this drag on for so long is unbelievable. passengers and freight not getting to their destination, flight crews stranded and out of duty time, aircraft not where they should be.

I will add that when I worked there it was managed by BAA, who I believe sold it to a private company.

They're saying it not a terrorist attack but it's making the UK authorities look really incompetent and stupid.

SDG
    Last edited by Shaun Gander; 20th December 2018 at 06:57 PM.

12. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast