Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Common sense Wins for once

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Common sense Wins for once

So when did all this start !!! it was not yesterday so our generation must have had a hand in the slippery slope. Even our great grand parents had a hand in it, Equality started when women got the vote. There are a few here who mention about gays on some of the ships they sailed on. By the sounds of it UCL ships had there fair share of gays.
    Yes a mile stone that someone won a case against LBGT sad it had to come from a part of the UK that is full of Bigots and religious head cases.

2. Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Common sense, you must be kidding coming from a court.
    But at last some light at the end of the tunnel, not the head light of the train, but maybe now some will come to understand that as individuals we all have our own values.

It has reached a point where you must be so careful even to what you wear, no longer wear blue in case I upset some pinko, got rid of the only pink shirt I had, thankfully shorts, tee shirt and thongs are acceptable here, even at weddings gay or otherwise. Is there any other wise now?
    Ha Ha nice one, love to see you in thong (Brit translation of the word)

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11 Women have always had equality. As far as I am concerned. I have had one wife for just about 57 years and during that time she has never worked for a wage. I took it and still do it is the mans duty to support his family. She had plenty of other work bringing up children and supplying a safe haven for them. What little money has always been in joint names the same as any property,. She is and has always been an equal partner, and the truth is her welfare comes before mine and I make sure of that. The changes that I see today are of not too far off times , when a few cases of bad husbandry you might say have happened this has been much advertised and men have been judged the same as the maladjusted ones. If anything it goes back to bad parenting of quite frequent years. The modern so called way of rearing children has much to answer for . Once discipline goes everything else goes out the window with it. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th October 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As to woman getting the vote, anyone know when ALL men got the vote. Seem to remember from history lessons at school , voting was only given to certain members of the gentry at first. JS

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron B Manderson View Post
    Gives a kiss and I'll tell who he is
    Yip common sense at last.
    Can anyone tell me what a gay wedding cake is .
    Full of currant's etc ????
    Ron the batcave

'
    I would say one of the main ingredients for such a cake must be "Puff Pastry".

Regards from,
    Fouro.

9. Likes N/A, j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    The new teaching of freedom of expression would have any kid wondering what is what. Freedom of expression only seems to apply to what you do as to appease a lot of idiots into what they want to hear, so is not freedom of expression and today exists less than it ever has. There are certain words you can’t use unless you upset others for starters , but to blaspheme and curse is normal expressions of self expression. In our days you would have had your mouth washed out with soap and water. I was brought up to respect my elders, and of course the opposite sex as were considered weaker and you had to support them. To act as the provider for a family today is considered as part of a battle of the sexes. Kids are growing up in households with two parents of the same sex, how do you expect them to mature into elder people. Everyone has bent backwards to appease certain people and frightened to appear out of tune with the population. I’ve got news for them , they are already way out of line already. The kids of today are starting out with big handicaps before they ever start their lives. JWS
    Hi John.
    Or bent forward as the case might be
    Cheers Des

11. Likes happy daze john in oz, j.sabourn liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

A lot of fuss over the icing on a cake.
    At least now there is more clarity.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 12th October 2018 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John you are correct, there was a time when only the gentry could vote, the common man had no chance until some time in the 1800's.

When we were at sea with UCL, and P&O, Cunard, Blue Star there were a large number of Gays, but they did not carry on the way the ones of today do. There was no talk of marriage equality or even marriage alone from them, they were content to accept who they were and get on with it.

Equality does not work because once we are all equal then there will be no difference so where will diversity come from.
    We need differences to maintain an equilibrium in society, there will always be the rich and poor, the wise and foolish equality will not remove them.

Marriage is a complex institute where both partners, if it is to work, must be prepared to take their share of responsibility. Raising children is the duty of both parents and basic decency should be the corner stone of their upbringing.

So many now are fearful of speaking their mind for fear of retribution, fearful of speaking the truth, fearful of using free speech and turning a blind eye to so much fearful that if they speak up they will be vilified for their comments.
    We had a shadow attorney general, an ex lawyer, who does not believe in the use of free speech saying using such will always offend some one.
    Lose that and we lose a corner stone of our democracy.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Free speech is already on the cards of disappearing bit by bit. By free speech I mean just that and not incitement to riot. That part will come when everyone realises something has been taken away from them and they hadn’t realised. Anyhow hope it happens long after I’m gone. JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th October 2018 at 05:39 AM.

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There in lies the problem John.
    Slowly our rights of a democratic nation are eroded away by those in power who want to control the country their way, and that is often not the best.

But often we do not realize what has gone until it is too late. Parliament changes the rules and the laws when we are not looking, when we find out it is too late.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast