Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate. Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Climate. Change

A readers letter in today’s paper.....
    In 1982 the UN told the world that it had only a decade to solve global warming.
    In 1989 it’s senior environmental officer claimed that whole nations would be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels by the year 2000. The UNs former head stated in 2007 , if there’s no action before 2012 that’s too late. This is the defining moment.
    In 2013 the IPPC meekly said the climate models built by their climate scientists show a warming trend larger than the observations.
    How did that happen .?
    Further according to geological records , coral reefs thrive longer in warmer water.

JS

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate. Change

Political rhetoric is the answer to all of this.

Climates, tropical, sub tropical, temperate, artic are the four main ones.

They have not changed, but weather patterns over the past 100 years have varied from those previous.

Problem lies in the method of recording such, prior to 1948 there were no co-ordinated global weather records, just local ones many of which can be viewed with some sceptisism.

The other night it was announced that the temp of a small tone had reached the highest since records began there, it turned out the records go back all of 70 years.

Politicians are using weather patterns to convince some the climate is changing, and some fall for it.

The recent heat waves in Europe are not new, in 1959 and 1976 there were similar in UK.
    Much of this has been brought about by the 'Greens' and a few other loonies.

The 30,000 scientists who signed up to the global agreement on this subject all are employed by govs around the world.
    Here in Oz back at the time of Gillard as PM, the head scientist retired and wrote an interesting article in the paper.
    What he said was,
    'the figures we gave the gov, all computer generated, had any eventuated even at half the level we gave the world would be gone. But we knew unless we produced such our funding would be cut'.

Records here in Oz only go back 200 years, yet some say the world will come to an end based on them.
    Wonder how they evaluate that?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes j.sabourn, dave moore, John Blaney liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As re. Newspaper reports see that a university in the UK the students are going to wear gender badges to say whether they are a He or she or dual citizenship. It’s mind boggling when as you say meteorological records in certain places only have been recorded for the past 70 years. I was 11 then and 5 years later was making some of those observations myself. To think that the balance of the world may have depended on my accuracy , I wouldn’t of even trusted my own figures. The world is full of mirrors and one wonders where it will finish up. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BUT, how much money have we all been conned in to paying ???, air fares, fuel fares etc, all imposed charges to combat global warming, still going on today, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Climate change postponed due to lack of funds.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They use Climate Change to increase Road Tax on cars,
    Now my little KIA car has to pay £250, a year road Tax. I do less than 2,000 miles a year,
    The man across the road from me has a BIG Mercedes and does over 50,000 miles a year in his business all over the country, He pays £20 a year.
    Is that fair??????
    That is a Green Tax. If the earth is going to be wiped out lets hope the Greens are wiped out first.

Re: Rising Seas,. . where is all the water coming from.??
    I worked it out a couple of years ago, but now forgot the figures,
    On this planet the same amount of water we have now is the same amount we had millions of years ago, you cannot destroy or create water.

I calculated how many square metres of sea water on the earths surface then X one cubic metre, the number of cubic metres is almost incalculable./
    so where is this amount of water coming from to raise sea levels by one metre?

Some islands in the South Pacific have rising sea levels, but that is because the Pacific Islands are the tops of volcanoes and they are sinking back into the ocean, so it gives the appearance of rising water.
    The Tuomotus, where I have been many times are just a ring of small islets, with a huge central lagoon.70 miles across, where a huge volcano once stood. it has sunk below the surface. the water level did not rise to overtake it
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 7th September 2018 at 10:46 AM.

9. Thanks Colin Wood thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

O Dear Brian, am surprised at you driving around in a RICE BUCKET.!!!! Chuckle........

11. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    They use Climate Change to increase Road Tax on cars,
    Now my little KIA car has to pay £250, a year road Tax. I do less than 2,000 miles a year,
    The man across the road from me has a BIG Mercedes and does over 50,000 miles a year in his business all over the country, He pays £20 a year.
    Is that fair??????
    That is a Green Tax. If the earth is going to be wiped out lets hope the Greens are wiped out first.

Re: Rising Seas,. . where is all the water coming from.??
    I worked it out a couple of years ago, but now forgot the figures,
    On this planet the same amount of water we have now is the same amount we had millions of years ago, you cannot destroy or create water.

I calculated how many square metres of sea water on the earths surface then X one cubic metre, the number of cubic metres is almost incalculable./
    so where is this amount of water coming from to raise sea levels by one metre?

Some islands in the South Pacific have rising sea levels, but that is because the Pacific Islands are the tops of volcanoes and they are sinking back into the ocean, so it gives the appearance of rising water.
    The Tuomotus, where I have been many times are just a ring of small islets, with a huge central lagoon.70 miles across, where a huge volcano once stood. it has sunk below the surface. the water level did not rise to overtake it
    Where is all the water coming from ? How about The question of the icecaps at the `Poles`said to be melting at an alarming rate, possibly to disappear completely in the not too distant future and said to be already raising sea levels at an alarming rate ?
    Trampshipman

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now Trampshipman
    I was in the Antarctic 8 years ago and spent 35 days on the ice. I was with a man from the BAS, and he told me the ice is increasing.
    I would believe him who is there instead of some phoney Green who has never been anywhere and have no experiences, only daft theories.
    These Daft Greens measure the ice melt in Summer when there is 24 hours a day sunlight shining on the ice.
    They Never go in Winter when there is 24 hours a day darkness and bleddy ice cold and everything freezes.
    I have a house right on the quayside, not 10 yards from my door is the water and the tides. I have been there for 25 years and it has never increased one inch in all that time. I watch it because the Daft Greens tell me the sea is rising , what a load of crap.
    Hey Frederick
    that rice bucket, a KIA Carens, is the best car I have ever had. I bought it new 13 years ago, 5th August 2005, and never once has it let me down, It is as immaculate now as it was 13 years ago, never had a repair bill; in all that time. I paid £9,000 for it brand new. te battery has never gone flat, I leave it outside on the drive for two to three months all through the winter ice and snow, while I go down to the South Pacific and it always starts at the touch of the switch. it is an incredible car.
    That is why I have never changed it in all that time.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it’s water or floating ice it will make absolutely no difference to any water level on melting. Next time you have ice with your gin and tonic see where the Water level is when the ice melts. Cheers not so easy on the gin. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th September 2018 at 02:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast