Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default What would you do?

A pensioner in South London disturbed someone braking into his home armed with a screwdriver. He tackled the intruder and in the process stabbed the intruder. The homeowner was initially charged with GBH but the intruder subsequently died from his wound and the homeowner as now been charged with murder, something I find absolutely disgusting. Surely if someone breaks into your home and threatens you, you are entitled to defend yourself by any means available?
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What would you do?

Give him a medal...the police in this country always take the easy option of arresting the victim instead of the criminal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

whatever, its one less burglar we have to worry about. I will be surprised if he is charged, public opinion will be outraged if he is, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=John Arton;302345]A pensioner in South London disturbed someone braking into his home armed with a screwdriver. He tackled the intruder and in the process stabbed the intruder. The homeowner was initially charged with GBH but the intruder subsequently died from his wound and the homeowner as now been charged with murder, something I find absolutely disgusting. Surely if someone breaks into your home and threatens you, you are entitled to defend yourself by any means available?
    Rgds
    J.A.[/QUOTE

John, i had an armed robber walked in on me a few years ago, I managed to take the gun off him and tried to discharge it into his leg, Classed as self defense using reasonable force, The gun turned out to be a replica but the D,I, Who took the case made no bones about it had i shot him and he pressed charges i was the one in the dock before him, If this story goes National which i would expect public sympathy usually sways the CPS, However remember the farmer who done jail time for shooting and killing one of two armed robbers its a sticky wicket mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

he would leave in a zip up bag ?my house was burgled 30 odd years ago i had everything delivered back to my house within 2 weeks and the little sh.t gave himself up and got 3 years the only safe place for him he had nowhere to run nowhere to hide.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=red lead ted;302353]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    A pensioner in South London disturbed someone braking into his home armed with a screwdriver.. Surely if someone breaks into your home and threatens you, you are entitled to defend yourself by any means available?
    Rgds
    J.A.
    John, i had an armed robber walked in on me a few years ago, I managed to take the gun off him and tried to discharge it into his leg, Classed as self defense using reasonable force, The gun turned out to be a replica but the D,I, Who took the case made no bones about it had i shot him and he pressed charges i was the one in the dock before him, If this story goes National which i would expect public sympathy usually sways the CPS, However remember the farmer who done jail time for shooting and killing one of two armed robbers its a sticky wicket mate Terry.
    I have looked carefully at the gun law over the years for some personal reasons to do with licensing. I believe the Farmer's name was Tony Martin and he did jail time for it when he killed the young man who was trying to Burgle his farmhouse which had been the subject to a few robberies over the years he made one huge mistake . If you are a licensed registered gun holder and in a rural area you can take reasonable Force if you feel that your person is endangered in other words is the little bastards are coming for you you can shoot them and that's the mistake the Farmer made they were running away from him so the danger had passed what he should have done is shouted at them got them to turn around and then shot them so he shot them from the front shooting them in the back was his mistake because the danger has been minimised . It is what is judged as reasonable Force .
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 4th April 2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Made a mistake in my first post, the poor guy was arrested, which is bad enough but he could still be charged with murder if the police investigation shows he used excessive force, or something similar.
    Rgds
    J,A.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there is no definition of reasonable , up to the jury to decide
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

he could have always said the fella fell on the screwdriver 10 times its a sad country when the victim is in nick not right at all if that was Texas different story protect yourself and your home at all costs the law is an ass big one!!!! jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the end of the day how your court appearance goes depends on how clever your barrister is several years ago there was an occurrence I believe in South Derbyshire when allotment holder shot a young lad who had been vandalising his allotment he claimed that he had sat there past midnight because he thought the allotment would being attacked by rodents and he was just sitting there to shoot them to get rid of them he saw the bean row Russell and this lad had been destroying it vegetable for the hell of it and he shot at it thinking that it was rats when he got to court he got off obviously the jury thought that he definitely got the rat the lad involved was injured quite seriously but not fatally

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast