Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How about that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How about that

#39. Rodney I am or was lead to believe from a private Masonic source that the children’s hospitals in North America received a very large substantial charitable donation which kept a lot of them running. I was shown the figures some years ago and they were eye watering. However being a charitable donation will not receive public attention as well as the other donations. Freemasonry/USA is one of the places in the world where masonry thrives , all you have to do is look at. Your dollar bill with George Washington on and most masons would think it was founded in the USA, with all the appropriate symbols on. Cheers JS..
    The obvious one which sticks out a mile is on the back which is the pyramid. I have never looked at it enlarged as don’t have to as know what it represents there are other similar signs there that the untrained eye would not notice , but the obvious one is the wording “ In God we Trust “.
    JS....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th September 2021 at 10:58 PM.
    R575129

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JSW. I am not a member of any masonic order, nor do I have the desire to join.* I do know that the charities performed by the Shriners. The Lions Club, Freemasons, and other*masonic orders, etc are laudable.* And the*members have every right to be proud.

Like every rumor there is always an element*of truth.* The North American Shriners (both Canada and USA), acting for the Shriners International, operate 22 hospitals for children, up to the age of 18, and* 20 in some cases, with burns, spinal cord injuries, cleft lips and palate.* Services to these children are free, regardless of the ability*to pay for treatment. They operate on charitable donations and fundraisers by membership.
    These fraternal orders that ease the suffering and repair damage without charge to injured children are modern day saints*in my opinion.
    Those who spread confusion and harm to these worthy people Should*rot in hell.

I have a couple of friends who are masons, and nicer people could not be found and shame on the people that denigrate these worthy orders.*

The only connection I have to Masonic*Orders is separated by almost 1000 years.

Some of my ancestors were Templars: they were Norman English. Who's parents, grand-parents (and my GGP) participated*in the battle of Hastings.

Robert de Ros, 1st Lord of Helmsley. Grand Master (Furfan),* and a Surety of the Magna Carta, c.1172-1226. Buried Temple Church, London. (his tomb*is still there.) He is my 27th Great-Grandfather (GGF)

William Marshal, 1st. Earl of Pembroke. 27th GGF. and his son 2nd Earl of Pembroke (26th. GGF) also called William Marshal, both a Surety of the Magna Carta..

Henry de Meriot, of Meriot*Chard, 1130-1185. Somerset. England* Gave land to the Templars in 1171 (29th GGF.)

Baron Robert FitzWalter, 1st Cousin, 29 x removed. Leader of the Barons movement to remove King John leading to the Magna Carta and chief*witness (Surety) to the Magna Carta.

I know the European Templar leaders were burnt at the stake.* How else was the King of France able to get his hands on their money?

The last thing I could be accused of is being a Royalist or a masonic order member.* The only group I am guilty*of joining is M.N. Friends. But that doesn't mean I don't*recognise a need for recognition of good deeds performed by either institution and would defend either against flagrant falsehoods.

Cheers, Rodney

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the ghostly asterisks are back on my posts, it seems only to my posts on MN friends? Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Rodney #41 Shriners Was the word I was looking for which is peculiar to North America the US. And Canada . When over there a few years ago attended one of their fund raisers as my friend was Treasurer for them and showed me the outlay for those same hospitals which would have exceeded the economies of a lot of countries
    He died a couple of years ago so, don’t have any more recent information. America is one of the few countries in the world where freemasonry is booming and they do a lot as you say for the good of country , often decried by those who don’t know better. The nearest to the Shriners I would think elsewhere is Preceptory which I am a member of, but is nowhere near the scale of the Shriners .Being a late starter in masonry have found that age catches up with one and can’t do as much as would like. So wife and self joined Probus which both of us can attend at our leisure , usually go when there is some speaker we want to hear l or when I feel thirsty .More sedate and less hectic. Cheers JS
    Once again as put up once before and an old Freemason accused me of giving secrets away, and for those who usually ask what is Freemasonry the answer is , “ Freemasonry is a peculiar system of morality , veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols,”.

JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 27th September 2021 at 01:51 AM.
    R575129

5. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, some years ago we had a friend in California with his wife.
    He is now sadly gone but came to us for sometime on holiday.
    He had been a surgeon and was on the board of one of the pharmacy companies.

I asked him how the medical system worked in USA, no or little insurance and you get hit by a car?

He told me, the ambos will come from all over to get another patient, and if you cannot pay they will draw up a by by the month account for you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Johnno, I can't answer mate, or even know if you wanted an answer, somehow somethings got lost in translation. ???

Cheers, Rodders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I reread it Johnno and I think I get it, Your friend said, that if one had no insurance, the ambulance company would give credit and spread the payment over time. If so that is sort of correct. There's no one size fits all.

Here's the rub. Insurance companies negotiate a special rate with Hospitals, doctors, and ambulance companies. If the ambulance company charges $500 to take a person to hospital the insurance company has negotiated payment of say $100. and the ambulance company collects $100. and writes the $400 off. However, you have no insurance, but money in the bank, you are billed for the $500. If you don't pay, collection companies come after you. If you are flat broke, the ambulance company will negotiate it down and negotiate a payment plan, if that doesn't work, they eventually destroy what credit report one has and take the position you can't get blood out of a stone. There are certain rules that have to be followed. But once a court judgement is ruled against a debtor, the collector can collect from any of your asset sources. Cash over $6000 (I believe). From your equity in a house, R.E. assets, car, stocks, bonds, pension, IRA account etc..

That is why there is a fairly high percentage of Americans with work oriented or private paid insurance coverage.

Cheers, Rodders.
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 27th September 2021 at 09:42 PM.

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, happy daze john in oz, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    I signed up and went to Gravesend (Catering) in 1953, 16 years old.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but It's a thought.

Cheers, Rodney

Cannot fault the dedication etc, how many got as far as you? Respect. K.

Some people survive…. and talk about it some people survive and go silent. Some people survive and create. Everyone deals with unimaginable pain in their one way at some point in life and everyone is entitled to that with no judgement. So next time you look at someone’s life covetously remember you may not want to endure what they are ensuring right now, at this moment.

Take a step back and remember for a moment how vast the ocean boundaries are. While somewhere the water is calm in another place in the very same ocean there is a colossal storm.

K.

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 28th September 2021 at 11:59 PM.

11. Thanks Rodney Mills, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, that is about what our friend told us.

Ambos here in Oz do vary a bit from state to state.
    But here in Victoria you have two choices, take out Ambo cover, family or single, or your private health insurance may cover it.
    Once you reach pensionable age, now about 66 or so it is free.

But currently with the Virus if you need an Ambo for that there is no charge.
    We paid all our working life, claimed it on tax as you could, and never needed it.

The a few years ago my wife took a bit of a turn, allergy to prescription, called the Ambos, there in les than five minutes , no charge.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lewis. In Canada we have the MAiD program. Medical assistance in dying.
    It is free.

15. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marion:

If the debtor dies and leaves an estate, the mythical ambulance creditor, just like a bank, financial institution and other debtors can attach a claim, and all claimants will be paid, or receive an equally balanced payment proportioned to the total claim vs the estate.

If monies and assets are equally owned jointly by husband and wife, only the debtor's half can be attached.

Hope this helps. Rodney

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast