Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My 2019 world cruise

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My 2019 world cruise

Here is a photo of a Dragon that was blocking our path in the jungle on Komodo Island.
    fortunately he wasn't hungry. They really do eat people.
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 3rd August 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jesus Brian, for one moment i thought you had been having an affair with my ex wife, lol, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Continued...……………..
    We arrived in Singapore, and this is where we were to leave the ship. She was bound for India and the Middle East Gulf ports, and Europe then back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
    I do not pay money to go to such places. so we left after an excellent voyage. would rather stay in Singapore, the very best City on the planet.
    Taxi to our Hotel, and stowed the gear. My son and family were flying in the same day, they were staying in the same Hotel that Donald Trump stayed in last year. Beautiful place, but way out of my price range.
    We arranged to meet up the following day at Marina Bay. We hadn't seen them since December so it was good to see my little 3 year old Granddaughter again.
    We spent three days with them seeing all the delights of Singapore, what a fantastic city it is, always changing every time we go there, I have lots of photos but cannot shrink them to put on here.
    They were flying home after three days and as a Surprise, he presented me with a couple of Business class tickets for two with Singapore Airlines, none stop to Manchester. I guess I brought him up right.

We were staying there for a week so as they flew off we went to see our next door neighbours in Fleetwood, Tony is from UK . his wife, Helen, is from Singapore so they live in Singapore for six months and in Fleetwood for six months every year. She is excellent to go shopping with, she speaks Mandarin and so gets us the very best bargains, not tourist prices.
    She took us all over Singapore, again, and we had a great time there, Then after a week we had to fly home. The end of another fabulous cruise around the world..
    We will be back next March to the south Pacific. Sure beats the hell out of Europe.
    I had loads of photos of our trip but cannot show them .some are from previous world cruises will give you an idea of some of it.

Cheers
    Brian
    Jumping crocodile, with Roger in NSW, on Easter Island, My friends in Tahiti on Moorea doing the Haka , Teeko, Stan and Rico and beautiful Wahines dancing in Boa Bora.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 3rd August 2019 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have managed to shrink some of the photos to fit.
    there are the dragons , one chasing a deer, he catches him and eats him
    Singapore light an sound show , fantastic display , also with granddaughter, and Anne and me receiving our silver medals for 300 days sailing with Holland America, off Captain Jonathan Mercer, on the right, He survived the fire on Good Hope Castle 2 off Ascension Island in a life boat, in the 70s
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 4th August 2019 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I said Brian we will be there on Komodo at the end of the year.
    But yes you are correct, there is deep concern about the number of tourists going there.
    If on a cruise the only way to get ashore there is on a tour, not on a tour then you will not be allowed ashore.

Singapore sure do put on some amazing attractions, the two in the airport the butterfly house and rain forest are just great.

Congratulations on the medal, just do not try to pawn it for the silver content LOL.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 5th August 2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2