Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
Working for a Norwegian based outfit with its office in haugesund I got the chance to spend time there on conferences and office visits and found that the natives were great friendly people, especially towards us British. Also used to load chemicals occasionally in Norwegian ports giving us a chance to see the fabulous scenery. odda, 126 miles of pilotage up to hardangerfjiord was particularly great passage as was a quick dive into Flekkafjiord to recover both anchors that had walked out overnight after the idiot mate had not put the lashings on correctly leading to a flooded chain locker and vocals store.
Rgds
J.A.
John you Mention Odda .we came from Botwood in N.F.to Odda I paid off there from the Norwegian JOHS STOVE ,there were 3 of us a Norwegian motorman and my mate Allen from England ,I had plane tickets for the next day (Sat) from Bergen to London ,and they were going to Bergen for the weekend we sat in a small pub on the waterfront ,wondering what time the bus to Bergen came and had a couple of pints ,on the wooden jetty a sea plane came, our motorman asked the pilot where he was going, and it turned out he was the postman ,who had come from Bergen to deliver post to the villages ,we offered him £5 each (50 Krone)to take us to Bergen he said he had one more village to deliver to and would come back In half hour, one more beer and sure enough he came back ,and took us to Bergen over the mountains. All 3 of us were dying for a Piss . we landed in the main Bergen post office ready for the nights drinking session .But your right really nice scenery in Odda.