Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kong is back from Tahiti.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kong is back from Tahiti.

Hi fans, Home again after six weeks in the Pacific Islands, a fantastic trip again of a 10,000 miles round trip.
    We sailed from San Diego, California on a six day trip to Hawaii, the Big Island, and a trip around the Volcanoes that never stop pouring lava into the ocean, a fantastic sight. then to Lahaina in Maui, a very pleasant little town and then two days in Honolulu, on Oahu, Love that place, they saved my life four years ago. That was followed by a day in Kona, some nice little bars alongside a small beach there.
    It was good to be back in the sun again after a cold January and February, the Bronzy returning again.
    We then sailed down to Tabuaeran, or Fanning Island, in Kiribati, It is by the Equator and the Date Line and the the most impoverished place on the planet, The people have NOTHING,
    just a diet of fish and coconuts, no sanitation, no fresh water only rain water they collect in large plastic barrels that we dropped of 6 years ago when I first went there, been there four times now. We always take a bag of clothes for the kids. There are no shops, no running water, no toilets ,just dump in the Lagoon, so no swimming in there. The people just sleep on wooden platforms with a thatch roof of palm leaves and no walls, no roads, BUT the people are always happy, and sing and dance when we go ashore there. [ they would show up our whiners on benefits here, who think they are in poverty],
    Anne and I had a bag of kids clothes and a bag of new Tennis Balls for the new school, just a long shed, the only Teacher from Tarawa, was excited about that as there were no balls on the island for the kids to play with.
    After we dropped them off we took a wrong turning, no roads there, only little paths through the bush. We got lost in the jungle, It was getting thicker and we couldn't find our way back and soon we were surrounded by swamps, SHE was whining that it was my fault. but I carried on through the swamps and came to a small clearing with three platforms on with some people sleeping on them. and two tiny pigs tied by a back leg. and then it opened up to a clearing and we were back at the school. We made our way back to the jetty where the tenders were, I had been bitten by a snake. two large punctures in the back of my calf, getting a little more painful as time went by. On the ship I started to feel ice cold, then all my insides went ice cold, I was freezing, and then hyper thermic, and shivering and shaking violently, I couldn't speak, so Anne called the Medical Centre and they took me on a trolley down to the Medical centre, they put me on a anti biotic drip, and did blood tests etc. I was in a toxic shock,
    and was in bed for two days on the anti biotic drips into my arm. My leg is still a little painful where the bite was. The medical Bill was $1,350.
    So from there we sailed for Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, another lovely Island.
    More later...........
    I cannot upload the photos which were taken on a phone. why????
    20170405_215420.jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIneoC5cJ%5FuJY%2Ds&cid=6BB22165D1B0CE BE&id=6BB22165D1B0CEBE%21170&parId=root&o=OneUp

Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 9th May 2017 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kong is back from Tahiti.

Good to see you back Brian, look forward to hearing about it all and seeing the pics if you can get them posted "especially
    the grass skirt ones , Glad you've got over the snake bite, "you're a tough old bird". cheers John F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Capt
    Good to have you back on Board and also look forward to more on that trip!
    Sounds like you were in the Wars again mate! Could not have been a really venomous Snake as after that time lapse you surely would not have been able to write what you have !
    So glad that you managed to get over it , hope the Leg son feels a lot better too!
    Take Care mate!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bugger going ashore with you Brian !!!, wonder how you're still alive with what you put your body through, glad to have back on board though, cheers kt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that gentlemen, I have the photos and videos of the Grass skirts dancing in the islands, lovely ladies. Wish I was 18 again, instead of 82 next month.
    and a photo of the bite .
    But the site refuses to accept the photos , don't know why.
    I don't have holidays only adventures.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know why you cannot download Pics Capt
    No probs in that department as far as I am aware of!
    May be something to do with the Phone????
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes John F Collier liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

Welcome home Capt' you've been missed. xx How is Ann ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian if you are short of a leg will ask Cappy to forward on Mary's as a substitute. Will be ok after it gets fumigated. If you got short of money did you get the chance to line up with the crowd when they were getting their subs. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th May 2017 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Brian .
    Welcome back glad you had overhaul a nice trip.
    Are you sure it wasn't Annie who bit you on the ankle for getting her lost in a swamp.
    Cheers Des

11. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Welcome back.

K.

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast