Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kong is back from Tahiti.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kong is back from Tahiti.

doc our house has a ghost of an old lady and its the most peaceful house I have ever lived in I have never seen her but the lads when they were kids did often she used to sit on the end of their beds? I have never believed in ghosts until then?? jp

2. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those who read Sea Breezes there was a story duly vouched for many moons ago. The ships carpenter a chinese died and was laid out on a hatch board under the forecasrle head. During the middle watch the lookout an Indian came on the Bridge shaking and wild eyed and saying the chippy was walking around and he refused to go back on lookout. The 2nd. mate called the master and the 3 of them went onto the forecastle to prove him wrong. Sure enough the carpenter was still lying flat out on the hatchboard. Out of curiosity the master looked at his feet and sure enough the soles of his shoes were all wet as though he had been walking through the dew that one gets in the tropics from the steel decks. JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th May 2017 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I may have alluded to this a few years ago.
    After leaving the MN in 1953 and moving on to Toronto, Ontario I became engaged to a Canadian lass. I was not a cigarette user but she was. I successfully begged her not to continue smoking because even in those days I believed they were toxic. As time went by I could not see opportunities for career advancement so asked my fiancee to come with me to Australia. She discussed this with her very close family and the upshot was that I went to Australia on my own. That was in late 1955.

In late 2003 for nearly a month I was almost nightly dreaming of being with her as she was suffering a serious illness. This dream episode kept pestering me and in 2008 I Googled her surname to find a recent obituary for her eldest brother in which this lady was referred to as pre deceased. I then googled her name in the local paper's obituaries and there it was (as 'nee') for January 2004. I had to know more so a few years later I Googled the name again and found she had passed away from lung cancer. After we parted I saw that she had gone back to cigarettes.

Had, at that very time of my very vivid dreams and no doubt that of her terminal illness, reminded her of my disdain for cigarettes and she was crying out. I am somewhat of a skeptic and not a fan of religious persuasion but have doubt about that connection back in August of 2003.
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard Quartermaine; 18th May 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The phenomenon I saw along with Dozens of other Passengers, the writing of my name, very clearly and spelt correctly, in the blue sky by wisps of clouds coming together, was NOT Imagination, I showed my pass to a dozen or so people with my name on it to prove it was me and they were all amazed at what they could see.
    It was totally unexplainable. and not a little scary. Some passengers even said I am on next for a `Stairway to Paradise`.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just written a post with Photos of my trip from the Marquesas to San Diego, then it was wiped out and a notice..........
    .vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

The British Merchant Navy - Old Friends Plus

It is very frustrating when this happens and it does it quite a lot. What is it and what causes it is there No Way from stopping it.????????
    I am not writing it out again , takes too long to try and find the photos again and do the story again.

What is a `SECURITY TOKEN, WHERE DO YOU GET THEM FROM , DOES SOMEONE ISSUE THEM OR WHAT?????
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 18th May 2017 at 04:58 PM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, what you witnessed is something presented to you as a sign from your father to you for you to cherish. I do not state this lightly, as I grew up in a house hold that accepted my mother being deep into faith healing and circles with people who shared the same feelings. I have witnessed her going into deep trances and talking in a foreign tongue. when I left the sea, due to severe stomach problems (ulcers) she would give me healings by placing one hand on my back and one on the stomach. I would experience a hot burning through from one hand to the other. later in life, while here in Canada I had a series of exrays that showed scaring from the ulcers, I never had any medication back in the 1950's apart from the horlick tablets. the doctors could not explain it.... Later in life my eldest sister also took up where mum left off, during one visit home for a visit in the 1990's, we were at a gathering at my sisters house. we were seated in the lounge, with a green shag carpet. My wife at the time had a ring with emeralds in it and one stone fell out. over the noise of people talking she heard it hit the carpet, people helped search and found it.. the next day at lunch prior to our leaving for Canada, we were seated at the table and my wife sitting across from me said "whats that around stans head" evidently it was some type of bright halo. My sister looked up and stated, "oh that's just mum come to say goodbye". Those two instances really shook my wife up, took her awhile to get over it. So to this day, I do not get drawn into discussing the pros and cons of faith healing and clearvoience (spelling), for I have witnessed it and respect the memory of my mother and my sister still active at 100 +yrs old.
    regards, stan....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My grandmother was also into the same thing Stan. During the last war used to live with them in Kingston on Thames. In 1942 sitting in the back room there was a loud banging on the front door and a voice shouting come on let's in. Being only 5 at the time I only have faint recollections of it but was told in later years it was my Uncle Jack who was stationed in Singapore. On going to the door of course there was no one there. We heard. In the following days that Singapore had fallen,he was missing in action. And was for the next 6 years or so, until it was confirmed that he had died on that night. I have on occasion had similar experiences of seeing into the past and future but. Have always put it down to coincidence. My own mother had a bend towards reading people's fortunes also. Cheers JWS

10. Thanks Richard Quartermaine, N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I have just written a post with Photos of my trip from the Marquesas to San Diego, then it was wiped out and a notice..........
    [B].vBulletin Message
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    What is a `SECURITY TOKEN, WHERE DO YOU GET THEM FROM , DOES SOMEONE ISSUE THEM OR WHAT?????
    Brian

Security tokens are physical devices used to gain access to an electronically restricted resource. The token is used in addition to or in place of a password. It acts like an electronic key to access something. Like a wireless keycard opening a locked door. Or in the case of a customer trying to access their bank account online, the use of a bank provided token can prove that the customer is who they claim to be.

Some tokens may store cryptographic keys, such as a digital signature, or biometric data, such as fingerprint details. Some may also store passwords.[1] Some designs feature tamper resistant packaging, while others may include small keypads to allow entry of a PIN or a simple button to start a generating routine with some display capability to show a generated key number. Special designs include a USB connector, RFID functions or Bluetooth wireless interface to enable transfer of a generated key number sequence to a client system.

In other words looks like something has interfered with your password Brian ,Log Out and the back in and see if that fixes the issue!
    There are many aspects that may do this on ones Computer there is as I know no one thing!??
    Hope this will help
    Cheers

There is also the possibility that the Pics you are trying to Upload may be causing this issue Brian,have you checked to see that comply with the Size allowed on site?
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 19th May 2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

12. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From an old Post of Brian's (Admin)

This is an impossible problem to look into as it is intermittent and, despite many attempts, will not replicate on either of my computers.
    Internet Explorer 11 caused me too many problems so I stopped using it and now use Firefox or Opera, both of which are very good
    Browsers.

So ytu and us another Browser and see?

Brian Probetts (site admin)
    R760142

ADDED Just saw this from old post and I was correct Password issue! Try what is said Brian
    Cheers

The Security Token is your password - please try logging off and then logging in again re-entering your password.

Brian.

Brian Probetts (site admin)
    R760142
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 19th May 2017 at 12:10 AM.

R697530

14. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From old post again Brian from Chris Allman

If it is any help to you John, I have changed my password - logged out of the site - gone into my browser Tools and under Options selected Privacy then deleted the Merchant Navy site cookie. I have now logged on with my new password and the fault has appeared to have gone - happy days - I will wait to see if it reappears.

Thank you for that Chris hopefully you've nailed it , I have logged out and back in again but kept my password
    if the problem returns I will try your method as it is a darn sight easier than changing the browser. All the best. JC

R697530

16. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast