Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Legal tender

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Legal tender

It sickens my ****, when being asked what the money being drawn out, transferred or paid in is for. They say it's to stop money laundering, but it's really just controlling us. Every penny we have is traceable by gov.uk, or gov.china. They know what we spend, and what we buy. The sooner cash is gone, the happier they will be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hadn't been in a bank for two years, as I use the post office to pay the bills. The only time I was there was when I thought I had lost my credit card and got a new one, only to find my old one Du.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Office certainly not to be trusted here in the UK. I am sure most will have heard of or watched the TV docudramma Mr Bates vs the Post Office. A lot of sub post masters had there lives ruined by the Post Office & Horizion cumputer systems.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No worries here with banks, all we have are notices about deposits of cash over $10,000.
    Other than that, unless you need a loan they leave you alone.

I have no problems, money goes in, money comes out some by DD for the bills, a bit in cash for her indoors, she likes to feel it.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 11th March 2024 at 05:38 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello
    It's really important to use cash for several reasons
    1.You know how much money you have drawn out - in my case for the week's shopping. When it's gone; it's gone. Lockdown encouraged the use of cards
    2.The Banks want us to use cards because it's easier for them to process your money. The Butcher told me a few days ago that it costs him more to receive cash
    3.Not everyone has a Bank Account. Youngsters need cash from their parents - or money on their card but only if parents have Bank Account.
    4.Cashless Society will encourage more theft. That will make the prices go up.
    5. Banks? We used to have 3 and now there are none. Nearest is 10 miles away with no Public transport.
    6. Cash is King. Use it or lose it !

Brenda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Shackleton View Post
    Hello
    It's really important to use cash for several reasons
    1.You know how much money you have drawn out - in my case for the week's shopping. When it's gone; it's gone. Lockdown encouraged the use of cards
    2.The Banks want us to use cards because it's easier for them to process your money. The Butcher told me a few days ago that it costs him more to receive cash
    3.Not everyone has a Bank Account. Youngsters need cash from their parents - or money on their card but only if parents have Bank Account.
    4.Cashless Society will encourage more theft. That will make the prices go up.
    5. Banks? We used to have 3 and now there are none. Nearest is 10 miles away with no Public transport.
    6. Cash is King. Use it or lose it !

Brenda
    I agree Brenda, but the card companies charge the retailer a percentage as well as the cost to have a card reading machine so am not sure how much it costs the butcher to process cash, unless, like a lot of us, he has to travel miles to deposit it in a bank.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Post Office certainly not to be trusted here in the UK. I am sure most will have heard of or watched the TV docudramma Mr Bates vs the Post Office. A lot of sub post masters had there lives ruined by the Post Office & Horizion cumputer systems.
    Post master in the next village to me got three years, not anything to do with the Horizon computer, but got done for car tax fiddle for his pals.

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 It’s the banks that will be worried John by what I can make out. Would be interesting to know how many have closed their accounts with the Commowealth Bank in the last 4 days. However that is not the news that is conducive to the Banks or the media themselves until it is made public by people themselves and they have to report it or show how bigoted they are themselves. A country should not print money past its gold reserves , is this still the rule of the day,? I don’t think so the world will find itself in a bind before too long. Maybe they are looking for others to take the rap for them. Look at how many Countries are already trillions in debt without any gold reserves , who pays the piper. ? A piece of plastic ? The PM of this country started off with supposedly good intentions costing billions his bit of plastic must definetley be of the gold variety or so he hopes……JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th March 2024 at 11:42 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    I would like to see a chart of which Country owes what to whom, I once read that if all the Dollar bills where returned to the US at the same time they would be broke after paying up. I think the wars of today are caused by money having to be floated around the world to keep many countries afloat.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des when it took years after the war for the UK to pay off its lend lease debt to the US , it makes one wonder how countries today like the uk can give billions away to the less fortuanate. when in doubt about high finance ask a banker or is that spelt with a W. JS
    A little story Was sent up to Indonesia as an extra hand purely for a run job and the appropriate certificate for entering Australia , I was not the official master. The Indonesian crew were I beleive thought they would be working the vessel on the coast. The official master made no complaints about this. Arrival Dampier I phoned up the MUA and put them in the picture , the crew were discharged the next day and flown home and an Australian crew boarded when they were all off. Today things are different, and laws have been changed not to the benefit of the countries working seafarers. If stories like that had been published instead of all the hogwash the media churned out about unions , things might be different today. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th March 2024 at 04:40 AM.
    R575129

15. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast