Thread: Memory Loss ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Memory Loss ?

Well it has finally got to be my turn. Next Friday will be the day of reckoning. I sat in at my wife’s examination so know some of the questions will be asked, so have 9 days to restock my memory banks and try to remember the family’s names past and present , sounds easy I know but under pressure is a new ball game. Is there a specific age that they do these checks or does your doctor just decide to have done on your general demeanour ? Cheers JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Memory Loss ?

Bit confused here JS
    What test is this , as i have not heard of any such Test unless you are referring to just a Yearly check on ones Driving Medical here in NSW.
    I say this as the last Driving Medical i had here my Doctor (this was the first time i have had such a driving Medical) asked me all sorts of Questions, plus gave me some Number Questions to solve. Also gave me 7 things to remember, words ie , to remember them and he would then come back the last thing after the Test had finished and asked me to name the Seven things !
    I had no issues at all with any of it!
    So passed easy peasy!
    Hope you go AOK AS WELL IN WHATEVER YOUR TEST IS ABOUT!
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can not ever see me passing any of these tests simply because? One day is much like the other so why the feck do I need to know the date. Why do I need to memorise any amount of useless words that I have no need for. Mind you I would not mind if the doc could get me to recall all of the sixties as I only recall that I was in the MN and signed on with a load of great mates. Also only recall that they where the best time of my life but to pin point any particular thing in order is a no go and has been that way for decades. Anyone else have this problem concerning the sixties. Have heard that if you recall the sixties then you did not make the most of it. Think that I will be up for that doctor driving test thingy next year as only have to do the eye test with him at the moment or should the test be more stringent I do not know
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It’s all about old age and senility , I think , I never sat such for driving licences just eyesight
    Then the doctor didnt send in , I broke my hip in the meantime and finish up with a stick and no driving licence . They can stick the driving licence the petrol is too expensive in any case can just continue and pay for my taxis. Maybe can manage to get that extended to air flights as well , no where really I want to go at present as in the safest place just now , as long as some stupid polly doesn’t get his ayes and nays mixed up and puts the cat among the pigeons. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

About five years ago my GP told me that at the sage of 75 it is compulsory to undergo a full medical examination.
    So I did, it included and ECG and he thought that I may have a problem.
    Sent me to see a Cardiologist who put me through the wringer, ended up with an angiogram, nothing wrong, all good.

The medical with the nurse was simple, asking silly questions such as how much do you drink, what do you eat and a few other such questions.

Few days after that I was surfing the net and came across a bit about medicals in USA.
    It was the same bloody one I had and was all to do with dementia.

Next year I questioned the nurse who had to admit I was correct, my next one is next week.
    Prior to it have to have a full FBE but I know there will be no issues as she knows me well enough now to know I am sound as a bell.
    Just hope no cracks appear.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes j.sabourn, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As long as you are wearing underpants you’re safe John . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    My son works for NIDAS has for the last six years, it sounds like your test is for aid, maybe through NIDAS, they asses you to see what help you may need in the way of transport, help at home, plus and maybe financial help.
    My son looks after four people in a home for three days, then a bloke who had a motorbike accident when he was 19, his wife is also a bit handicapped, my son does a bit of cleaning and takes them shopping.
    If you are both using a mobility scooter sounds like that is maybe the reason, not realy anything to do with the brain, as most older people have a little trouble. It could be that your Dr wants you to be tested.
    Cheers Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 19th October 2023 at 02:08 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

11. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably because when my GP taking by blood pressure panicked and wanted to put me straight into hospital and I told her I was going home. It does come on the GPs recommendation. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are some silly questions asked at the medical.
    'Do you drink and how much'
    Reply, that is classified information not for publication.

'Are you regular'

Yes every morning at 0630 hours but that poses a problem.
    And what is that.

"I do not get up until 0700 hours'
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post