Thread: Recollections and temperpory hopefully memory loss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Recollections and temperpory hopefully memory loss.

I was at an old friends funeral yesterday who was also a neighbour one time out here. His wife and family put on a wake after the service in a pub on the side of a river and he got a good send off. During the drinking and eating ceremony I was asked from an ex seafarer did I know himself as I looked familiar to him. After discussing deep sea company’s nothing gelled , so started on ships out here and he had been on quite a few Swire ships , I had also been on 3 to my recollections .He was an Irishman and he gave his name which I have already forgotten . On the odd chance he may be a reader of this site and gets in touch I now have a list of ships out here where our paths may have crossed. The funeral was in Mandurah and the pub was off Pinjarra road , close to where you live I believe and the person whose death was being mourned . We all seem to think we can remember everyone but this is nigh on impossible in most cases , counting up the ships I was on and the crew numbers they must be at least 2000 , it is usually the extroverts and other similar types that stick in the memory. No snubs intended . But if do read this and want to get in touch Toms widow has our phone number. Cheers JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins, cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recollections and temperpory hopefully memory loss.

three shillings and ninepence.....you must have forgot lol cappy

4. Likes j.sabourn, Graham Payne, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recollections and temperpory hopefully memory loss.

#2 Put it into the matelots cap for a tarpaulin muster last Thursday at the Happy Hour at the ancient mariners club Cappy . Got two pints out of it , drank it for you in your absence knew you wouldn’t mind. Cheers JS
    R575129

6. Likes cappy, Graham Payne, N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post