Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Vindi Bridge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Vindi Bridge

#53. Yes John I was conscripted into the Royal Corp of Signals Jan 15th 1953 and went to Catterick camp which was the main signals camp for your first month of infantry training mainly square bashing ready for passing out parade, you then went to different camps for the trade you had been selected for, mine was Richmond for radio operating for four months then in my case shipped out to Egypt and so to Fayed bottom end of little Bitter lake. I left Egypt on the 10th JULY 1955 and demobbed on the 15th and returned to my previous employment which was steel erector having just finished my training before I was hijacked for my NS, after 2 years I went to radio college to study for my PMG and so began my MN career. Den PS. I only reached the rank of Corporal during my time which I obtained during my time in Egypt. Den

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ships, tanks and humans that pass in the night, passed through the canal late 1953 for the first of many times bound from Australia to Purfleet on the Thames with sugar. Then down to South America with coal from Cardiff just before Xmas 53 . Assume when you say Richmond that is in Yorkshire and not Surrey. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th April 2022 at 10:22 PM.
    R575129

4. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes John Yorkshire, just noticed I said Fayed at bottom of Bitter lakes should have been Kabret. Den

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6