Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Memory

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A Memory

JS, you may be waiting for the weeds to grow, but didn`t you just get some snow up on the " BLUFF " ? first time in a couple of years i hear.
    keith moody
    R635978

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    John in OZ
    Jesmond Dene is a rather up market area of Newcastle where some houses go for a million plus pounds. The original bridge built and designed by Armstrong is situated there and is said to be the design that the Sydney Harbour and Tyne Bridge are based upon.
    Couple of excellent restaurants are situated there as is a city farm.
    Newcastle Hoppings are still held annually on the Town Moor though last year they had to be cancelled due to the terrible wet weather turning the site into a mud bath. When our children were younger we always took them for a day out at the Hoppings but it latterly did get a bit of a bad name due to drunken louts causing trouble but that has been cleared up recently.
    rgds
    JA
    Just shows how things change over time.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wonder why some dates stick in ones mind.I have been guilty of forgetting family birthdays and our own wedding anniversary.
    However. I have never forgotten the date when I first went to sea.
    September 22 1955.
    So today is an anniversary of some sort.
    I cant count that far back.
    It was the start of an adventure, never to surpassed.
    Bet I am not alone in that regard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Cappy you've got your magnet on its piece of string tangled again, Kelvin Grove school was on your side of the River in Gateshead, near to Saltwell Park, Ive asked the wife and she says you never played rugby against her. The Charlie Crow I mentioned his father used to have a Bakery in South Shields and Charlie just sold within the past 10 years or so, it was under different management but think it still worked under the Crow name but could be wrong. When you take your tablets do you burst into song "When your hair has turned to silver" or do you keep that one special for Mary. Cheers your winter is on the way and our summer, which just means more weeds here, and the odd snake coming out of hibernation, if ever catch one for a pet am going to call it Mr. Blair. Cheers John S
    Small World! Was in Gateshead ,on Sunday. Just up the road,really,from Jesmond. Then yesterday ,caught the Bus ,at Wickham. To Newcastle airport. Had a Bonny time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3