Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Memory

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A Memory

Cappy, sometimes losing is good for the soul, makes you appreciate the winning more, also makes you realise that you are not invincible which is a good lesson for life

2. Thanks cappy, Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Cappy, sometimes losing is good for the soul, makes you appreciate the winning more, also makes you realise that you are not invincible which is a good lesson for life
    that is so true ivan especially when we are young we think we are invincible......but no matter what ......the bones begin to creak .....we have to take our tablets ......and i have noticed we dont half fart a lot......but we had it all and did it all ...and i wouldnt change a minute of it.......it was what life should be about....cappy

4. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy you've got your magnet on its piece of string tangled again, Kelvin Grove school was on your side of the River in Gateshead, near to Saltwell Park, Ive asked the wife and she says you never played rugby against her. The Charlie Crow I mentioned his father used to have a Bakery in South Shields and Charlie just sold within the past 10 years or so, it was under different management but think it still worked under the Crow name but could be wrong. When you take your tablets do you burst into song "When your hair has turned to silver" or do you keep that one special for Mary. Cheers your winter is on the way and our summer, which just means more weeds here, and the odd snake coming out of hibernation, if ever catch one for a pet am going to call it Mr. Blair. Cheers John S

6. Thanks cappy, Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, moktay, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    .....and i have noticed we dont half fart a lot..........cappy

Perhaps Mary should change your diet cappy, mind you you could always stick her wooden leg up your a*se, then perhaps not, as it might have a ballooning effect and don't want you floating down this way with all those pent up beans inside you. Thought I'd say before that JS did

8. Thanks cappy, Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you are of course correct john we playe against teams in north shields sunderland and newcastle it was fair spred out as not many schools played rugby it was mainly football ......i did learn then that not all posh kids were soft as was often mooted ....we played against some private schools and they cerytainly werent nancy boys.......do recall from schooldays that a day away was as good as a weeks holiday at the private schools ..they had hot showers....which was the biz as we only had a bath once a week at home and afterwards hot pies and sandwiches which we ate our fill and then stuffed them in our pockets or any were we could .......looking ahead to my 2 warriors returning tommorrow......a good family get together is in store as its pats birthday as well ...a happy cappy

10. Likes j.sabourn, Dennis McGuckin, N/A, moktay liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jeez ivan your asking a bit much there ...i know were marys leg has been ....i wuldnt touch it with js,s .......cappy

12. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy out here us poms are known as the unwashed as most dinky die Aussies usual shower at least twice a day, when they get onto the subject I usually tell them I have a shower at least once a fortnight whether I need it or not. Sorry to hear about your Grandsons loss against the yarpies. Cheers JS

14. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#12, 'and i have noticed we dont half fart a lot.' .....My Dear Cappy can I ask, what decade does this begin?
    Hubby is 66 should I consider trading him in?

As to your grandson Charlie well done him, many a win in the future I'm sure.

16. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    #12, 'and i have noticed we dont half fart a lot.' .....My Dear Cappy can I ask, what decade does this begin?
    Hubby is 66 should I consider trading him in?

As to your grandson Charlie well done him, many a win in the future I'm sure.
    ###trade him in at 70 .......but keep him off beans and peas after 67..........charlie and dad flying back from capetown tonight but on separate planes ...we are so proud of our offspring.......it is 57 years since i was there as a boy......were has it gone......regards cappy

18. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Cappy.
    Tell Charlie you win some you lose some but cherish the wins, he had a good run while down in South Africa.
    at least his team were not as bad as the Wallabies who were smashed by the All Blacks, making it the last thirteen Bledisloe Cups they have lost, the coach put Quade back in the team who has lost more balls than the French Army.
    Cheers Des

20. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast