Thread: Memories

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Memories

Hi John S.
    you dont like Fridays and 13.
    You know my luck, Now next February I am Sailing in the same ship, Statendam, that I was taken off in Honolulu with four days to live last February.
    I am sailing on February , FRIDAY 13th Hows that for a chancer.
    Knowing my luck.............................................. ........
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

coming off the bridge inboard inbad wether i took a purler and landed with a clatter bridge box and all in a heap roberts curtainflew open and he bawled what the eff you effing doing .....to me he was god itried to pick up the mess it was difficult.....get to eff of my deck and dont come inboard to the bridge again......as i scuttled off he bawled very loudly are you hurt.....no i squeaked .......for about a week in bad weather off the cape i went out board to the bridge with the bridge box.......heavy weather.....nobody on deck old chippy injured then the mate said come up to the bridge inboard but dont fall down again ,,,,,,old roberts must have had a soft spot for the bairns

- - - Updated - - -

bledin hell brian had to take 4 blood pressure tablets

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, j.sabourn, N/A, robpage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#21.... As they would say out here Good on yer Cobber. Take it on the chin, my nose always seemed to get in the way. Remember only the good die young, leave the phone number of the bint in whtiley Bay with cappy heard shes looking for a romeo who still wears wellies with bicycle patch repair kits stuck on. He"s also got match boxes I never had so should have a cheap night in the Rex. What does jean think of you chancing your luck again. Cheers John S.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

#22... Was before I was married we loaded General in Liverpool for NZ. Had a spirit locker built purposedly to carry all the spirits cargo in No. 2 Tween decks. We were also manifested to take a lady who had been in a car accident on holiday and killed in the uk. She had been embalmed. He wouldnt have the body just slung on board made me go and see the stevedores see the coffin carried up the gangway in a proper manner, and make sure the crew see it he says, when on board he said stow the body in the spirit locker. No one broke into that locker during the passage to NZ. Also the same trip we had 3 dogs, 2 sheep dogs for breeding and a show miniture sheltie. They were supposed to stay in special kennels on the funnel deck with all their special diet sheets supplied etc. He looked after the sheltie in his cabin, I looked after one of the sheep dogs(used to come on watch with me) and the cook had the other sheep dog living in his cabin with him once we left the berth and no one ashore could see. We brought them out of their kennels. During the 6 weeks passage we all got attached to the dogs, Roberts actually tried to buy his off the NZ owner and was nearly in tears when he had to part with it. The cooks dog dont know how it performed with the sheep as for 6 weeks he was feeding it on mutton chops. I had a female acquaintance from Brisbane and she flew down to Auckland to meet the ship, unfortuanetly she arrived when I was at an overnight Maori Party, give Roberts his due he tried to cover up for me and said I was ashore on ships business, A different character than a lot beleived him to be. Cheers John S

5. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, robpage, Lou Barron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Castle Liner homeward bound, Pretoria if I recall correctly. In Madera take a load of tomatoes on board, stored on the fore deck, only afew days to Southampton they will be safe. How wrong can you be. we hit a storm and a half in the bay, Southampton where are the tomatoes??

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 13th May 2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes cappy, John Gill, N/A, Lou Barron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got a lot of them but cannot tell you of them ????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3