Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: child of the 50s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default child of the 50s

as a young boy of the 50s the thoughts as a lad why in our street did the lady in 27 always wore black why was a few mates never had fathers why you could set the clock on the one legged man going for a pint as the mind grows and the questions get answers you find out the lady in black that always looked sad lost all four sons at sea one of your mates lost a father in the desert two fathers vanished at dunkirk the old man lost a leg in the first war on ypres battles at the end of any conflict people have to sit around a table and talk should they not see the consequences before a shot is even fired plus the war is never over for the loved ones that are left to carry on have we not learned anything at all or is it just in our nature to butcher each other wars are not over just because some bureaucrats says so or the last shot is fired people of today will have to carry on in today's conflicts and its time politicians thought maybe the same way i do is it that hard?just a quiet thought jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Born 44 and as a child grew up hating Germans then coloureds. This was instilled into me not by family but by society. It took years to realise that I had it all wrong and now can see how I was manipulated into thinking as I did. Much like the ******s of today are being manipulated by radicals within. Like the last war on Iraq I can not help but think there is now more trouble within the middle east since Saddam was killed than their ever was before. Simply because they live under a different system to ours and we should have kept our bloody noses out of the conflicts there. Like the children of the 50's those kids and others are going to grow up with hate in their hearts now and all because a select few are power hungry but secure in the knowledge that they will not suffer.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Much of this blame lies at the feet of our politicians. It is they who engage in the conflict, not joe public, but it is Joe who has to do the dirty work and bear the brunt of stupid gov policy. As a young lad I was told the West Africans and Jamacians were different to us because they would eat Kit e Kat. As a kid we were told other such stupid stories but it was not until we grew up, went to sea that is, we began to better understand the world with all it's problems.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ahhhhhhh Bisto

The Bisto Ad. seemed to go on indefinetly. A 1d. oxo cube was always a penny until decimalization. Decimalization was the biggest con game of all, thats when the cost of living really started to go up and has never stopped. Every government has had some ploy to gyp the punters whether it is putting taxes on cigs and beer with the excuse its bad for your health, to the advent of VAT. All ways of raising revenue to give away to other countrys and waste indiscrimately. The present governments of this century being the worse mismanagement of a countrys wealth ever. This is not discussing politics but a statement of facts. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is it a coincidence that as soon as we started getting cigarettes from Europe at less tax than this country all the adds started about smoking is bad for you yes it is but before then the tax of fags and beer used to pay the bill for the health service or at least best part of it? a question if any member has a white car how long dos it stay white even if it is just parked outside without moving that's what you are breathing in?JP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your dead right John, and the truth is there may very well be another Hung parliament because people have no faith in either of the two main Political Partys in Australia.

The only honest man that ever walked the floors of Parliament was in my opinion Guy Fawkes.
    Years ago If I remember rightly the Candidates for Govt visited each town and stated their future policies for the nation and there were public meetings as well where the people could ask questions.

Nowadays its the rush for the magic Salary and perks.
    We live in an age where Lies are told commonplace.
    all the Best Glenn in the Colonys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

an honest man in parliament might muddy the waters?jp

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default child of the 50,s

Its an absolute insult to us, to raise the taxes we pay,then give billions to other countries, that is really rubbing your nose in it, but it wont change, whoever is in does not listen.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tony,
    We give Aid to over 185 countries.
    Here is the List, Many of these countries are much wealthier than we are, It includes Russia, China, Iceland. India ,
    Argentina who wants to go to war with us, Brazil and many many other rich nations.
    Unbelievable that this Government Borrows 15 Billion Pounds A Month, £15,000,000,000, pay interest on it and give it away to richer nations. Even a Drunken Sailor would not do that, and I know, I used to be one.
    Cameron is in New York today discusing Aid with the USA .
    does that mean he wants to Increase Aid?
    Is Cameron Mental? Should Cameron be Sectioned under the Mental Health Act.??
    Should Cameron be locked up for the Nations protection??
    The reproduction of my attatchment is not good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 25th September 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default neville

the USA tries to bury all problems with loads of $$$ , but its like fertilizer on a farm, the problems keep getting larger & larger . It seems to me that its quite aceptable for politicians loyalty, to be bought by outside interests here in the US .coruption is rampant in politics and they only get a slap on the wrist if caught .I remember a mate of mine got screwed by a lawyer stealing money out of his late wifes settlement. and he lost his licence to practice law in NY . he went across the Hudson river , and opened a new practice there in New Jersey .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast