Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rolling stones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rolling stones

Due to the woke brigade, the rolling stones will no longer play their classic hit song ( Brown Sugar) on any further tours.
    As Keith Adams says in one of his posts, the world's gone mad!!!
    A fabulous classic rock track dropped because it may cause concern to some, bet when they wrote it they never thought the wokes would cause so much hassle.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/13/rolli...39&ai=15412257

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Rolling stones

Always saw that it was a song about the horrors of slavery?

'They are rooted in the blues'

K.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john arton #1
    good evening, i love the stones, But its sad to think that the song brown sugar is a reference to heroin and therefore i could and would understand why some people would like it to be banned, but the woke brigade whom are re- writing history will use any reference to further their agenda and add weight to their narrative,even to the extent of denying that it was the irish, scots and welsh whom brought the music and their musical instruments to america, that the woke brigade now insist that the american black slaves where the inovators of,
    tom

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never know why any songs should be taken away because of Words! What the heck, they are only words and at most times mean very little!
    So much has been put on about these issues , i cannot understand it.
    Like in one of my Posts about the Beer etc, i mentioned Black and Tan Pints , and even that would be taken the wrong way i guess these days!

Bleeding Heck!!!!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Had now't to do heroin but they are mistaken re: with slavery and black women

Frontman Sir Mick Jagger told the LA Times: “We’ve played ‘Brown Sugar’ every night since 1970, so sometimes you think, we’ll take that one out for now and see how it goes. We might put it back in.”

Guitarist Keith Richards confirmed it has been removed from the setlist, but defended the song.

“Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery?” he said.

Bet no one bothers about:

Kinky Reggae
    Bob Marley & The Wailers

K.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi vernon #4
    good evening, Words a song and one of the many written and sung by the bee gees, another great group.
    and to your mention of words similar to black and tan, black out, its a black night out doors, we go on and on, but the woke agenda is not for you or i, it is for the re-writing of history in favour of those that want it written, and its reason is for the history books of the future, where we will play no part, and the subliminal re-education of the youth and education of the yet unborn will have taken shape when we are no longer able to voice a complaint against it, as we will be shouted down by the useful idiots of the liberal left marxists whom believe they are going to change the world for the good of the minorities, or at least thats what they tell their deciples, ie their useful idiots, yes george orwell was absolutely on the money with his tome 1984.
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 13th October 2021 at 07:52 PM.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Strolling Bones, been around for so long now, but sad to see Charlie go.

Painted Black, well they may have to consider Grey, or Blue maybe, cannot be white as the people of non white background will complain.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have heard it said that racism is on the up, if they keep this up it will keep going up. Nearly all of what people use now in the world is; or was; invented by either white or Asian people. If slaves hadn't been taken to the States or the islands , there would be very few African Americans in the States, and they would like many, still left in Africa, be pulling water out of a well that poor white people helped put there through the collection boxes.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7. Bill and Ben the flower pot men ??? JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Similar to post number four I to get into a bit of bother when ordering my favourite beer which is Tooheys Old and commonly called black beer. Local pubs okay but when out and about have been pulled up for ordering a schooner of black. So the Rolling Stones are not being allowed to play Brown Sugar but it can be played at any time but not by the Stones. The world has certainly gone fecking crazy and so glad that I was born when I was as we had the world by the short and curlies and enjoyed every bloody minute of it but sad to see all those opportunities being taken away by idiots and I thought that this next generation was going to have more intestinal fortitude but seems that I did not get that right. Oh well once the local pubs open up will enjoy ordering me schooner of black and it Brown sugar is on the juke box will be playing that as well. The woke brigade can shove this pineapple right up that brown freckle.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast