Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Freddie Lennon: Merchant Navy steward whose son John later founded the musical group The Beatles.

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

Keith, you do some researching,good on ya,keep it up BENGY

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Your favorite singer or actor may be a former merchant mariner

Sailing as a merchant mariner is a job like no other. Even after only a few trips at sea a person learns to work as part of a group, be adaptable, and do a professional job in difficult situations — attributes that are sought-after in any profession. Indeed, the annals of the U.S. Merchant Marine are filled with people who spent time at sea on commercial vessels, and then became successful and famous after coming ashore.

Your favorite singer or actor may be a former merchant mariner - Professional Mariner - February 2013

6. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While on about music when I was on the Vindi I remember that a locker in our billet had been one of the top singers of the time a Michael Holliday .He had a few hits at the time the biggest was The Story of my Life remember him?

- - - Updated - - -

Forget to say the year was1958.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24... did Tommy. Steele not go to the Vindi as well ?? JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th November 2017 at 11:46 PM.

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    While on about music when I was on the Vindi I remember that a locker in our billet had been one of the top singers of the time a Michael Holliday .He had a few hits at the time the biggest was The Story of my Life remember him?

- - - Updated - - -

Forget to say the year was1958.
    Dave , Michael Holliday who was a great friend of the boxer Freddie Miles commited suicide and strangly enough so did Freddie Miles?? there were rumours they were gay and when Michael Holliday commited suicide Miles could not come to terms with it. They were both or at least Freddie Miles was a friend of the Cray twins, nice lads, also there was speculation that Miles was bi- sexual and may have been involved in the murders of 6 prostitutes!!!!.

10. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question to Tommy

IS it true you were once in the navy?

Yes, I was a cabin boy in the merchant navy from leaving school and was in my first shipwreck aged 15 in the Atlantic in the middle of January.
    The ship I was on bumped into another ship amid all these icebergs and, unfortunately, two people were killed from the other ship.
    We put boats into the water to try and rescue them but it was too late. We had to return to Quebec to have the bend in our bow fixed. But I loved going to sea. It’s being part of a motley crew. It’s great camaraderie.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably because Mills realised he had a glass jaw. Holiday because his voice finally broke. As regards them being peculiar a large percentage of show business people were known to be gay. You only had to talk to one to know. I have spoken to a few people in high places and they are very affected. However not being of the today’s beliefs, have always thought it was their own business and not harming anyone but themselves if anyone. However I do not agree with same sex marriage, have enough sense to know it will come back and haunt us. civil marriage or contractual. Agreement possibly , but still believe in the old terms of marriage and it’s principles. JWS.

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3