Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: just a remembrance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: just a remembrance

Brian I know your mate Joe Finnigan won the Bulova gold watch a couple of times,in this pub I'm talking about I met this guy Gerry Devine I sailed with him on the France and the Britain when I was bellboy.I had seen him at the talent competition in Montreal I thought he won the Bulova three times he was telling me he won it twice and then it was changed to a $100.00 for the winner.One Sunday night all hands skint Gerry is to enter the competition and win the $100 bucks so him and his mates can head to the Vokelyn (something like that)he wasn't in the first three,stewards enquiry, well he was told you have won it three times give someone else a chance all plans cancelled.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy days then Jim,.
    I entered a couple of times but sang like a tortured Turkey so No chance.
    I remember the Vokelan, ???? Club Always went there, One of the ABs on the France married a girl from there and brought her back to Liverpool. The Captain let him stay in a Passenger cabin with her and a free passage for his new wife to Liverpool as a present.
    Cheers
    Brian

4. Thanks Jim Brady thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnf Collier View Post
    come on England !!! jc

Fed up about Christmas already ? Not long 'til 6 Nations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

See more terrorists picked up in Melbourne supposedly planning attacks at Christmas. What do these people get charged with I hope sedition is amongst some of the charges. The penaltys should be at least deportation including the whole family if they have such. What ever happened to Guy Fawkes they should get double. JS Sorry maybe put in wrong post. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd December 2016 at 12:09 AM.

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

####had a gold yankee bulova ....bought it of a second cook ....we signed on in shields he had just got married we went down to london and picked up cars for LAand FRISCO ...he was desperate to get out but nobody had any money ....i had i think it was 30 bob and got it for that had it for years was a nice looking watch what its story was i dont know but suppose it could have come from the same source.......cappy...PS been to shields today white horses looked magnificent.....cappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Brian I know your mate Joe Finnigan won the Bulova gold watch a couple of times,in this pub I'm talking about I met this guy Gerry Devine I sailed with him on the France and the Britain when I was bellboy.I had seen him at the talent competition in Montreal I thought he won the Bulova three times he was telling me he won it twice and then it was changed to a $100.00 for the winner.One Sunday night all hands skint Gerry is to enter the competition and win the $100 bucks so him and his mates can head to the Vokelyn (something like that)he wasn't in the first three,stewards enquiry, well he was told you have won it three times give someone else a chance all plans cancelled.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

9. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Fed up about Christmas already ? Not long 'til 6 Nations.
    I will enjoy them both Keith, Christmas and the rugby and I hope you do as well. "NOW COME ON ENGLAND" . cheers JC

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnf Collier View Post
    I will enjoy them both Keith, Christmas and the rugby and I hope you do as well. "NOW COME ON ENGLAND" . cheers JC

I enjoy good rugby, if England can keep it up, they will deserve it. I admit much has not been as great as made out but, could well happen. They then need to both play and beat the All Blacks to hold the final accolade. built to high, further to fall as in the World Cup. Seriously believe they are near the best. For now. K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#17, I'm no expert on rugby Keith but I really enjoy watching a good game, and after the last world cup disappointment
    I think Eddie Jones has done a brilliant job with the team, when Stuart Lancaster started as coach, I thought he would be
    the business but it was not to be. I used to love watching the All Blacks when Jonah Lomu was playing I thought he was
    Superman, it was such a tragic outcome for him, to hear him speak he always came across as a really nice bloke. cheers JC

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Piece and Good will to all men, for about 43 days, then may the best team win.

Thoughts for Jonah Lomu in our prayers and many others.

Merry Christmas, Keith.

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2