Thread: Funeral of Cilla Black

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Funeral of Cilla Black

From the DAILY MIRROR

Cilla Black's family and friends are preparing to give her a huge send of at her hometown funeral next week.

TV icon and singer Cilla will be laid to rest next to her parents after a public funeral, which thousands are expected to attend in Liverpool.

The city will come to a standstill as famous faces and thousands of fans attend the service for the TV star next Thursday.

Cilla, who died in Spain, will return to her hometown for a funeral at St Mary’s Church in Woolton on Thursday before being laid to rest next to her parents.

Friend and TV star Christopher Biggins told how Cilla’s family and friends were preparing
    He told The Mirror: “It is absolutely right, that is where the funeral should be. She was the absolute Cinderella of Liverpool.

"She should return, it will be a very special day for everybody, and especially the people of Liverpool. I am personally thrilled. Of course, I will be there.”

Fans will pay their respects and celebrities such as Ringo Starr, Cliff Richard and Paul O’Grady are all expected to attend the Catholic service
    Cilla’s body will then be laid to rest, at a private ceremony in Allerton Cemetery alongside her parents, dad John White and mum Priscilla.

Her beloved husband, Bobby Willis, was cremated in 1999 and his remains were scattered at her various homes here in the UK and abroad.
    Cilla died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa on August 1, aged 72.

She often spoke highly of her parents and enjoyed her upbringing in Liverpool.

In one of her last interviews with the Liverpool Echo, Cilla said: “I had a very happy childhood and all my family loved music.

"My brother George loved Frank Sinatra and Jim Reeves and my brother John loved jazz, he used to play the clarinet and saxophone, so I had a very musical family.
    Mam claimed my singing talent came from the Welsh side of the family and she did have a wonderful soprano voice.

"Although my Dad who had an Irish Catholic background claimed it came from his side of the family.”

The church where the service will take place is also where Cilla married her beloved Bobby on March 6, 1969.

Allerton Cemetery is also where John Lennon’s mum Julia was buried in 1958.

Gulliver Guest

Cool Re: Cilla Black

Looking back and feeling unashamedly nostalgic-and a bit sad sad-as I think we all sometimes do,and thinking of all those 'greats' who have left our world recently,I found another gem on YouTube which shows a real rarity-two great lady pop divas of 'our' era singing a not generally released duet together:
    Heart and Soul

Miss Dusty Springfield OBE 1939-1999
    Miss Cilla Black OBE 1943-2015

RIP ladies.Thank You for enriching our lives.I want to go back there!
    Hope you like it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cilla Black

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=arial narrow]Looking back and feeling unashamedly nostalgic-
    RIP ladies.Thank You for enriching our livesI want to go back there!
    Hope you like it]
    I will have a look at that with some degree or fear, They each had two things in common: Dusty was a wonderful singer and had an OBE, Cilla also had an OBE and (no make that one thing in common).
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 16th May 2016 at 09:30 PM.

4. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post