Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 18, 2021 * 32 posts * 2,372 views
Ask the ForumJohn Gill said:
I've been attempting to research my Father's ww2 campaign medals. He sailed throughout the Battle of Atlantic mainly from Liverpool and did the Murmansk Run as well. I contacted Cardiff and they tell me there are unclaimed medals, so filled ... Read more >>
August 21, 2022 * 74 posts * 4,217 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
As you do on a quiet Sunday after a heavy Sunday dinner, my mind started to wander and I suddenly thought, how did they come up with those shipping companies names and the names of their ships. I did 20 odd years in Canadian Pacific ... Read more >>
October 12, 2022 * 15 posts * 234 views
Articleslotuscontainers said:
The shipping industry is carrying a significant portion of world trade and is rapidly changing and evolving to fulfil commercial marketplace requirements. Technological advancements, ... Read more >>
October 13, 2022 * 12 posts * 333 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsAndre Chissel said:
Hello everyone, i have a discharge A number of 247057 (from the medal rolls) for a Peter Kristian Amundsen RS2 number 390934. He went from being a Second Officer on a Collier in ... Read more >>
October 15, 2022 * 10 posts * 204 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsj.sabourn said:
It's amazing what sticks. In the memory banks nearly all of it outdated and useless today. Reading on this site alone the designation of various types of shipping alone proves ... Read more >>
October 15, 2022 * 5 posts * 175 views
Ask the ForumJon Zubieta said:
Hello again, Thanks to all who provided great info on the Thorpebay. I wonder if anyone can provide information or direct me to where to find the name of the captain of the SS ... Read more >>
October 16, 2022 * 4 posts * 88 views
News Snippetsj.sabourn said:
Those who follow the international news will no doubt notice that among other issues such as floods etc. The nurses in WA are going on strike. Whilst their cause brings a lot of ... Read more >>
October 12, 2022 * 1 post * 246 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Ocean class freighters of the second world warOctober 08, 2022 * 2 posts * 65 views Recommended BooksWG Smith said: Suggestion ... Read more >>
October 16, 2022 * 16 posts * 698 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDoc Vernon said:
Australian cruiser of 6,830 tons launched in 1934 under the name HMS Amphion. Transferred to the Australian Navy in 1939 and renamed HMAS Perth. During the Battle of the Java Sea ... Read more >>

More...