Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
September 04, 2022 * 9 posts * 205 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsMo Docherty said:
Merchant royal( vessel) an anchor thought to be from ship merchant royal was found off cornwall 4 years ago,the cargo worth £1.1 billion today has not been found.divers fouund ... Read more >>
September 01, 2022 * 12 posts * 283 views
Everard & Cophilip etherington said:
my very first ship was MV Speciality May 1968 the captain was captain Wadhams Read more >>
September 02, 2022 * 5 posts * 128 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
3rd OF SEPTEMBER Their names are etched in solid bronze, On the plaques of Tower Hill. Of those who sailed and gave their lives, They are remembered still. They traded life for ... Read more >>
September 03, 2022 * 3 posts * 96 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDoc Vernon said:
Well Lads and Lasses, its that time of Year again where we all i hope remember this Special Day of ours in History. For all those that gave the Ultimate Sacrifice (Their Lives) ... Read more >>
August 31, 2022 * 5 posts * 141 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDoc Vernon said:
Just thought i would post this Link for the Vindicatrix , possibly may be of some help, and interest to many who went there Years ago. I know that at times there are quite a few ... Read more >>
September 02, 2022 * 2 posts * 99 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsAshleigh Arkan said:
Hi! :) I was wondering if I could get some help, my great uncle George Wood was an assistant steward in the Merchant Navy. Unfortunately he died in 1970 on the caernarvonbrook ... Read more >>
August 31, 2022 * 2 posts * 60 views
General ArticlesDonald Young said:
Some volunteered and some were pressed to sail with the merchant marine for this was war and supplies tight, required by the allies to continue the fight. The convoys were formed ... Read more >>
August 31, 2022 * 2 posts * 84 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsWG Smith said:
My new book published on 24 August by Pen & Sword, now available on line and from bookshops, offers a detailed overview of each phase of convoy programme and designed to provide ... Read more >>
August 31, 2022 * 2 posts * 70 views
Crew - Listed Alphabeticallyandrew gunthorpe said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Andrew robin Gunthorpe Discharge Book Number R 745070 Department Deck Your Rank/Rating Cadet through to Chief officer Which Ships were you ... Read more >>
September 04, 2022 * 1 post * 55 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
OLD BONES There's just her ribs all that remain, Her name we never knew. We know not when she ran aground, Or what happened to the crew.] We used her timbers many times, To build ... Read more >>

More...