Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 21, 2022 * 15 posts * 294 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
As you do on a quiet Sunday after a heavy Sunday dinner, my mind started to wander and I suddenly thought, how did they come up with those shipping companies names and the names ... Read more >>
August 17, 2022 * 17 posts * 527 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsAlan S Taylor said:
I have recently republished on Kindle a biography of my father, John Taylor. He was brought up in Fife, Anstruther by a widowed mother, joined the Monarch Steamship Company as ... Read more >>
August 17, 2022 * 7 posts * 165 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
Due to arrive in the UK on the 22nd of August is an LNG shipment from Australia. Apparently Australia is searching for other markets as sales to China are in decline. The shipment ... Read more >>
August 20, 2022 * 5 posts * 105 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsIan Adrian Millar said:
I am currently working on some family history where I find that some ancestors came to Quebec, Canada aboard a ship the MEDWAY. I have the passenger list but it only mentions the ... Read more >>
August 19, 2022 * 3 posts * 122 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsMichael Black said:
Just returned from a holiday in Malta of which the main reason for the trip was to attend the 80th anniversary of Operation Pedestal. My wives father was Allan Shaw who was on ... Read more >>
August 15, 2022 * 4 posts * 133 views
Royal NavyJames Curry said:
Queen's Frigate' leaves base for three-year mission to the Gulf. HMS Lancaster heading for the Gulf, this type 23 frigate is 32 years old She is heading for a 3 year deployment, ... Read more >>
August 17, 2022 * 2 posts * 88 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Love to know if your parents were in Navy? The ships and experiences? Thank you Read more >>
August 16, 2022 * 2 posts * 112 views
Elder Dempster LinesMichael Boyd said:
I joined ED in Nov 1959 after completing my apprenticeship. Initially stood by on the MV Eboe in Toxteth Dock, Liverpool. After a few weeks told to report to the SS Cargill a Liberty ... Read more >>
August 15, 2022 * 2 posts * 110 views
Ask the ForumJames Curry said:
Nice photo this , I expect a few of us would have discharged alongside Tranmere oil terminal. I served my time in Lairds. Now were was this photo taken from? Maybe from the top ... Read more >>
August 17, 2022 * 1 post * 246 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Norwegian Flag; Post WW2 ReparationAugust 15, 2022 * 2 posts * 29 views Research Help - Where to lookMervyn Rowlinson said: The ... Read more >>

More...