Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 15, 2022 * 2 posts * 29 views
Research Help - Where to lookMervyn Rowlinson said:
Dear Shipmates: I am trying to find information on the Oslo registered SS Basis. This steamer ran down the the Alexandra Towing tug, Toxteth in 1948 in the River Mersey, Birkenhead. I was interested to find that she was built as Palmyra ... Read more >>
August 01, 2022 * 15 posts * 583 views
Welcome - Please say hello.Barbara Paterson said:
Just joined and posted ... found this forum when looking for information about The Harmattan which was hit in Karachi Harbour in 1972. MY father was Chief Engineer at the time. My dad passed in 1992 and recently for some reason this ... Read more >>
August 09, 2022 * 32 posts * 648 views
News SnippetsJames Curry said:
Every time a ship goes through the locks, 55m gallons (250m litres) of fresh water is used, then released into the sea. On average, 37 ships go through the locks every day, using ... Read more >>
August 14, 2022 * 10 posts * 154 views
Dangers of shipping containers lost overboard spotted this link today. Hit this while out enjoying a sail on your yacht sure will spoil your trip. Will be of interest to our Australian ... Read more >>
August 12, 2022 * 4 posts * 71 views
An Italian super yacht 20 million quid goes up in smoke. [image] [link] Read more >>
August 08, 2022 * 7 posts * 170 views
The world's fastest electric ship will set sail in Stockholm next year, cutting commuting times between some archipelagos in half. The Candela P-12 is a 30-passenger "flying ferry" ... Read more >>
August 08, 2022 * 5 posts * 175 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Hi George, good photo, I have seen many ships operational in the last war and I have always wondered what the rig on the bow was for, I heard once that it was for keeping mines ... Read more >>
August 14, 2022 * 2 posts * 64 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyMartin Lewis said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name martin anthony lewis Discharge Book Number R 792167 Department engine room Your Rank/Rating chief engineer (retired) Which Ships were you ... Read more >>
August 10, 2022 * 2 posts * 69 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyDarren Carus said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Darren Thomas Carus Discharge Book Number UK078431 Department Deck Your Rank/Rating Master Which Ships were you on and When OCL from 1986 ... Read more >>
August 14, 2022 * 3 posts * 111 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
MESS ROOM BOY Richard Norris, mess room boy, Did his bit for victory. He sailed aboard the GYPSUM QUEEN, To keep his country free. A fine young man of sixteen years, Said goodbye ... Read more >>

More...