Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
August 05, 2022 * 3 posts * 55 views
Personal Tales and StoriesKen Dykes said:
In early 1971 I needed a short trip to fill in time and took a trip four four weeks on the MV Wiggs, Eggar Forrester of London, 199 tons gross. Built 1970 I think. I joined her at Felixstowe, having just paid off from deep sea, this was my ... Read more >>
August 17, 2019 * 35 posts * 20,697 views
Ask the ForumBrendan Philip Roberts said:
Morning All Do any of you know of any ships that sailed to or through the Vietnam waters between 1967 and '71. I'm doing some research for a family friend ;looking for details of a relative who served during those years. Thanks in advance ... Read more >>
January 13, 2022 * 12 posts * 782 views
Personal Tales and StoriesHarry Nicholson said:
Baptism stories! There's been time to get over my own baptism. A snip from my memoir ‘The Best of Days’. My dad has seen me off from West Hartlepool railway station. His words of advice still whisper 66 years later: ‘Don’t play cards ... Read more >>
August 06, 2022 * 6 posts * 205 views
Ask the ForumGeorge B Smith said:
Good day everyone Can anyone assist me please in finding a Merchant ships log or possible crew list for WW2 1942 -1945 The ship is the Merchant Atlantian SS Ships number 149686 ... Read more >>
August 01, 2022 * 10 posts * 337 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsNick Eliason said:
Recently published is my autobiography of 10 years spent at sea during the 1970's with the Cunard fleet. This paperback may be of particular interest to any seafarer of that era. ... Read more >>
August 03, 2022 * 55 posts * 1,282 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohnny Kieran said:
Anyone remember when ships had a national flag painted on the side? I don't seem to be able to find any old pictures on the internet. Mind you, it was always referred to as "The ... Read more >>
August 07, 2022 * 21 posts * 407 views
General Member DiscussionDoc Vernon said:
Well i have just been reading the New about the Hot Weather that a lot of places within the UK , have been experiencing of late! Quite amazing when one looks back on the Years, ... Read more >>
August 02, 2022 * 15 posts * 407 views
General Member Discussioncappy said:
I saw on our local news that some bloody sick barsteward stole two dogs ...one escaped....the other an older spaniel ....was doused in petrol and set alight by this evil cowardly ... Read more >>
August 05, 2022 * 4 posts * 142 views
Ask the ForumMartin Lewis said:
I haven't got the hang of things yet so please excuse my inability to get things right. I am looking for engineers on several old tankers I sailed on but don't know how to go about ... Read more >>
August 03, 2022 * 2 posts * 82 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyGeorge Hepworth said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name George Hepworth Discharge Book Number R ******- Department Engine Your Rank/Rating Ch Eng Which Ships were you on and When Straits Star, ... Read more >>

More...