Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
November 20, 2019 * 53 posts * 5,779 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsHazel Stringer said:
Following a blip in the system this thread failed. At the request of a moderator I am reposting: My father in law's wedding cert. says "Gunner RA now on war service". his name does not appear in RA records. 1. As i understand it there was ... Read more >>
January 13, 2022 * 7 posts * 405 views
Personal Tales and StoriesHarry Nicholson said:
Baptism stories! There's been time to get over my own baptism. A snip from my memoir ‘The Best of Days’. My dad has seen me off from West Hartlepool railway station. His words of advice still whisper 66 years later: ‘Don’t play cards ... Read more >>
April 09, 2017 * 5 posts * 81 views
The Merchant Navy in WartimeHugh said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... First brought to my attention by Keith. Those interested in the war at sea may be interested to watch this 13-minute production by the Realistic Film Unit. Made during WW2, in 1942, It tells the story ... Read more >>
February 28, 2012 * 11 posts * 7,794 views
Royal Fleet AuxillaryHeathenscot said:
Hi Mates I sailed on the RFA "Tidesurge" on 23/Jan/1968 as an EDH. I remember the first day we had a RAS (Refuel At Sea) I stood and didn't do a thing, there were hoses, lines, and pulley's everywhere, I hadn't a clue. Slowly we learned the ... Read more >>
July 29, 2022 * 9 posts * 246 views
My Travelshappy daze john in oz said:
London, city of my birth but no longer the city I grew up in. A tourist mecca, a place to visit but not to stay. A city of diversity such as never seen before. A city of prices ... Read more >>
July 30, 2022 * 6 posts * 271 views
Ask the Forumjohn walker said:
An old friend and ship mate has asked if I can find any records of His Fathers Military service. Unfortunately the guy died in a car crash which my friend survived in the late ... Read more >>
July 30, 2022 * 6 posts * 164 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsMo Docherty said:
Reina Del Mar (PSNCo:1956-1964) Reina Del Mar was the last PSNCo pasenger ship on their South American route, entering service in April 1956. She had been built by Harland & Wolff ... Read more >>
July 29, 2022 * 3 posts * 160 views
News SnippetsBill Morrison said:
Reported in this month's Sea Breezes. Maersk to launch coastal service in New Zealand. Two 2,550 TEU container vessels, Maersk Nadi and Maersk Nansha on a weekly basis. Ports served ... Read more >>
July 29, 2022 * 3 posts * 50 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
On dads discharge book it as RA Spain Please explain RA ? I think its loading up and make your way home...good pay? Basically you don't do the other leg to Spain? Would he have ... Read more >>
July 25, 2022 * 4 posts * 126 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsLinda Crisp said:
Hi One of my ancestors in 1827 is a Ports Transport. does this mean he is on longer on a ship and working at a port? Sorry if this is a question that sounds a bit silly. Linda Read more >>

More...