Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
July 06, 2022 * 1 post * 26 views
MN Topics of InterestDoc Vernon said:
Thought this may interest some on here, it has Story of the Murder on the Orsova , as well as the Porthole Murder on the Durban Castle. Also has other Various Stories of facts at Sea on Ships. The Kenya Castle Murder at the time my late ... Read more >>
January 13, 2022 * 7 posts * 248 views
Personal Tales and StoriesHarry Nicholson said:
Baptism stories! There's been time to get over my own baptism. A snip from my memoir ‘The Best of Days’. My dad has seen me off from West Hartlepool railway station. His words of advice still whisper 66 years later: ‘Don’t play cards ... Read more >>
July 09, 2022 * 19 posts * 316 views
General ArticlesKen Elvy said:
1974 I flew out to the gulf to join the BP tanker British Scientist, a VLCC of just under 220,000 dwt, She had been built in Japan and was now due her first survey. Having loaded ... Read more >>
July 07, 2022 * 10 posts * 168 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsColin Wood said:
See in 'Clippings' of 6/7, that Norwegian government is supporting Ulstien Thor in developing zero emission nuclear power for shipping. No doubt our zero emission government will ... Read more >>
July 04, 2022 * 19 posts * 406 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsDavid Ponton said:
Been here before. We were just about where The Derbyshire went down. Hopefully this crew can get off soon. Read more >>
July 05, 2022 * 4 posts * 116 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsBrenda Shackleton said:
Hello I know that a ship does not change her registration number; regardless of new owners and names Can she have a new flag or does that always stay the same? Thanks Brenda Read more >>
July 06, 2022 * 4 posts * 80 views
Crew - Listed AlphabeticallyRobert stock said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Robert Stock Discharge Book Number R ****** Department Engine room Your Rank/Rating Electrician Which Ships were you on and When British ... Read more >>
July 06, 2022 * 3 posts * 107 views
Cruise Ships of TodayDoc Vernon said:
Hi Brian P Nice cut out image of her! Mike our Gallery Supervisor may like it, as he always is on the lookout for Building ideas on various Ships. Although not Plans but could ... Read more >>
July 07, 2022 * 1 post * 60 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
This is an interesting story about another famous Belfast built ship. My father was cadet on the original pre war Saxon Star. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
July 07, 2022 * 1 post * 69 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
On another thread Graham (I think) printed a list of the Ross Fishing trawlers. The most famous one was missing the ROSS REVENGE. 1961 Launched in Germany Dimensions 220 x 39.0 ... Read more >>

More...