Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
December 08, 2016 * 8 posts * 288 views
Engine Room Departmentvic mcclymont said:
Scavenge Fires It was 1972, we were in Durban loading fruit, and normally we headed south after loading, this time we were heading north to Beira. Sailing time was set at 18:00 hours, no point getting dressed for dinner; we had it in the ... Read more >>
June 30, 2022 * 16 posts * 267 views
ArticlesPeter Copley said:
Bassala and another Egyptian, I think he was called Ahmed, joined my ship (MV Captain Avgerinos) in Ceuta. I remember thinking how had these two bedraggle unemployed seaman finished ... Read more >>
July 02, 2022 * 18 posts * 443 views
Ask the ForumJames Curry said:
With the announcement that NATO forces are upping the rapid reaction force from 40,000 to 300,000 troops, are we heading for WW3. Is it just Sabre rattling and playing the Russians ... Read more >>
July 01, 2022 * 6 posts * 160 views
Politics and NewsMo Docherty said:
Volodymyr zelensky must have been a really good comedy act to be a billionaire and own house in florida costing $38 million green backs(,did you hear about the one) Read more >>
July 01, 2022 * 9 posts * 184 views
Cruise Ships of TodayBryan Portwig said:
This was to be my first cruise - and suffice to say at the time I thought my last - as I had that awful experience of experiencing mel de mar !!! I have managed to collect the ... Read more >>
June 30, 2022 * 8 posts * 182 views
Ask the ForumBryan Portwig said:
Researching as I do - I came across this interesting and little known fact of a ship fire on board the australis x america - the news clipping is very poor [image] Read more >>
July 02, 2022 * 4 posts * 109 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsRobert George Young said:
Anybody had any experience of publishing books related to the sea ? Sort of autobiographical story Asking for a friend Thank you Read more >>
June 27, 2022 * 6 posts * 175 views
General Member DiscussionYachtsman said:
That was a trick question Doc. The G.F.A. was built as a barque and appears that way in all the photos. The vessel in your photo appears to be a barquentine. The shot must have ... Read more >>
July 03, 2022 * 3 posts * 86 views
Poetry & BalladsGraham Shaw said:
I found this nostalgic poem ,with introductory letter,on my PC from a dozen or so years ago,and don’t recall it’s origin,whether from here or another site.It may be ... Read more >>
June 27, 2022 * 3 posts * 181 views
Swinging the LampMike Hall said:
[image] Here is a better picture of the M.V.FORREST.IMO 6717576. Registered in Stanley,Falkland Islands. Further details and picture in the Gallery. Read more >>

More...