Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
June 19, 2022 * 20 posts * 853 views
Ask the Forumj.sabourn said:
Looking at my records the last R/O I sailed with was in 1982 and this was on a vessel on a MOD charter. The only other one was on a Russian ship in 1998. The Russian vessel was only because the Russian crew were allowed to stay onboard on ... Read more >>
June 23, 2022 * 11 posts * 340 views
Requests for HelpLisa Payne said:
Hello, I am trying to find any fellow naval trainees and seamen that may have known my father. He joined Vindi Catrix around September 1958, I think. His name is Barrie Victor Cumbers. I think that he completed his training in Bristol and ... Read more >>
June 25, 2022 * 7 posts * 127 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Currently in drydock the future of this sailing ship that used to take cargoes of coal, grain etc from Liverpool to Irish ports is uncertain and requires major investment Rgds ... Read more >>
June 22, 2022 * 9 posts * 329 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsMantas Gebas said:
Currently I'm a student at a maritime school, soon i will leave for 6 months to be a cadet onboard a random ship, and I was just wondering how many of ships nowadays have proper ... Read more >>
June 24, 2022 * 5 posts * 206 views
Ask the ForumBryan Portwig said:
Often wondered what spark your interest in shipping ? This is more for the folk who did not have a sea faring life . Mine started at the age off 6 when i picked up my first book ... Read more >>
June 25, 2022 * 5 posts * 144 views
Merchant Navy General Postingscappy said:
Acouple of weeeks or so doc mentioned the MNA shop i have looked on lineand telephoned the required number .....a very sweet ladies voice tells me she is not there ....lol....and ... Read more >>
June 24, 2022 * 4 posts * 100 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsTrevor Bodiam said:
Found this lat week in a garage sale and could not resist buying it. Not as famous as it's sister ship and i never sailed on either of them, but just had to have it and hope to ... Read more >>
June 20, 2022 * 3 posts * 122 views
Vale Dennis McGuckinBrian Probetts (Site Admin) said:
Our friend and shipmate, Dennis lived out his retirement on Vancouver Island in Canada enjoying his favourite pastimes, Skiing, Fishing, camping and golf. Dennis made well over ... Read more >>
June 21, 2022 * 2 posts * 273 views
News SnippetsJohn Arton said:
Only went to Hong Kong once, discharging steel at Kowloon anchorage and carrying out steel renewal to hatch coamings, only ashore once in the week we were there so never got to ... Read more >>
June 21, 2022 * 2 posts * 74 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsPeter Kohler said:
I have published an article on Donaldson Line's LISMORIA (1948-1966) and LAURENTIA (1947-1966) in my blog "Wanted On Voyage" [link] Peter Kohler [image] Read more >>

More...